In-play Automation When Away From Computer

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Estaban

I am a newbie to all this and I have set up a Horse Racing in-play rule which works perfectly well but only goes into effect if I have the relevant market open. I want to apply the rule to selected markets for the day and get on with my life. I know that I am missing something basic but cannot work out what it is. Thanks in anticipation of assistance.
JTEDL

don't let your computer / laptop go to sleep - you can adjust this in settings on your pc

I leave my laptop on, with lid down so screen is off but is still not 'sleeping' so BA can work still

might be an idea to keep an eye on things though, like on mobile betfair site or remotely
Wolf1877

Estaban wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 pm
I am a newbie to all this and I have set up a Horse Racing in-play rule which works perfectly well but only goes into effect if I have the relevant market open. I want to apply the rule to selected markets for the day and get on with my life. I know that I am missing something basic but cannot work out what it is. Thanks in anticipation of assistance.
There is a "Switch to this market" rule in Bet Angel Automation. Suggest that you use this rule to switch to the required markets in your automation files. One potential problem you would have with this would be if two races are in play simultaneously. If you think this might be a problem you can also use multiple instances of Bet Angel. I personally dont use BAF files much so there may be better advice from those who use it extensively.
CallumPerry

Loads up all of the day's races in Guardian and click on the automation tab.

From there choose your automation rules and click 'Apply to All Markets'. As Wolf1877 said I'd just spend a few minutes making sure no two races are going off at the same time (this is a right ball ache with greyhounds)

Then I'd go to advanced settings, restrict refresh to start 0 seconds before start time and end ... up to you i.e. If each market is max 3 minutes apart then 180 seconds after start time. Make sure you have your green up rule applied and if you're in live mode only have money you're willing to lose in there. I'd recommend using practise mode with this set up first for at least one full day/morning to make sure it works.

Hope this helps :)
Estaban

What a service! Many thanks to all of you. Now sorted.

Steve
mobius

As all the above - very good advice but:-
Make sure.................
Make very very sure..................
Make absolutely certain........................
That......................................................

YOU'VE GOT THE BLOODY SOUND SWITCHED OFF!

Peter's a nice chap, but can be really embarassing in public with his
"This event starts in 5 minutes".
because you now have 4 minutes to whip out your laptop etc. fire up and swich off before....
"This event starts in 60 seconds"
I know 'cos it's happened to me! :shock: :oops: :oops:
By the time he's down to thirty seconds - ................................................
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Unless of course you enjoy scaring the crap out of people :twisted: like I do)
JTEDL

:D lol, forgot about that, plus a beep every time a bet is placed. I mute the volume, but think there's settings for sounds/alerts so can be switched off.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”