How Can I Automate A Stop Trade (With Greening) On A Lay Bet In Play

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lachsa

I operate a system based around laying a horse/s "In Play".
Initially I trialled the system using the ladders but quickly realised that the "In Play Trader" was far more "fit for for purpose".
However two significant benefits that trading on the ladders provided, which I'm unable to acheive via the "In Play trader" were:

1. the ability to manually insert a "Stop Trade with Greening" as a means of insurance if the "lay" suddenly went against me. The ability to insert such a "Stop Trade" whilst using the "In Play Trader" is far more difficult; most times bordering on the impossible.
I have tried setting up an Automation Rule, via the "Servant", to allow me to initiate a stop trade with greening. But all my attempts have so far failed to acheive the desired result.
Is someone able to provide me with guidance as to:
a) how to construct an automated rule that will acheive the desired result?
and ...
b) should I be looking to utilise the "Servant" for this purpose or is there better option?
As I see it there are 2 options to implementing such a rule:
- a rule that is linked to the trade, or
- a rule that I can manually implement via a shortcut key.
Guidance on how to acheive both would allow me to trial them to determine which works best.

2. Because of the delay mechanism imposed by Betfair on all "In Play" trades the other negative in using the "In Play Trader" is the lack of any control over the maximum price I'm willing to lay at (something that was possible using the ladders) thus limiting my exposure if the trade turns on me.
Again, can someone provide me with guidance as how:
a) I can automate a rule that will allow me to limit my maximum exposure by placing a ceiling on the lay price (a variation on the fill or kill rule if you like)?

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
Dallas

If you use the in-play trade and the one-click screen it gives you loads of flexibility
download/file.php?id=4697&mode=view

you can also run fully automation in the background ie, trigger a green up if your loss value exceeds -£X

There is a ready-made rule you can download to do this
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11407

Or if you prefer you can have some manual control and create a servant/s then run it from a custom column
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15208

You can limit your liability by using 'by liability' as your staking method, but also remember you never get matched at worse odd than you place the lay at (only better if available) so if you place at 'fixed odds' you'll know what your max loss could be based on the stake size being used
Dabbla

1 put this AM file in to a servant short cut.
This can be used on the IPT.
green in play.baf
TEST IN PM.

2 It really depends on how and where your planing on entering . You could set another short cut rule to :
lay @ x or
lay if lay price < x

You may even want to set you max liability in the main settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lachsa

Thanks a lot guys. I will play around with what you have sent as they both look very close to what I am trying to acheive. I will keep you updated on progress.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”