Help!! Betfair have restricted my account

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
UNFAIRLY

Hi,

I popped Betangel automation on last night through the night and i have just received this message from Betfair.

What can i do?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
With regret, we have restricted your Betfair account with a delay to Exchange market data (odds and volumes). The restriction is in accordance with our Terms and Conditions; in particular the intellectual property clauses with reference to Betfair data. For further information, view our T&C’s at http://forum.betfair.com/aboutUs/Terms. ... -betting-1. The relevant terms are highlighted below.
Your data usage profile represents that of a commercial user. Note that usage of Betfair Exchange market data by any user in a commercial context requires a data licence. Betfair offers a commercial data licensing scheme, details of which can be found at https://developer.betfair.com/get-started/.
Should you wish to consume data for testing and or analysis, please use delayed data as applied to your account or the historical data services - https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home.
‘6. Cancellation, Termination, Suspension and Breach

We may restrict your access to Betfair, suspend or terminate your account, withdraw your offers for bets, void any bets outstanding to your account, cancel any unmatched bets or cancel and void any outstanding or matched bets in our absolute discretion without cause at any time including if:

v: ... your account’s ‘public market data’ usage (‘public market data’ includes market prices, traded Volumes and market depth) could represent ‘business usage’ (‘business usage’ includes any use by a betting operator or any use by an individual or organisation supplying data or services to a betting operator)’
Kind Regards
Betfair Limited | Winslow Road | Hammersmith Embankment | London | W6 9HP.
Registered in England and Wales under company number 5140986.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BetScalper

You been using practice mode allot more than live mode ?
UNFAIRLY

I have never used practise mode. Please can someone help me try and resolve this? Any help greatly appreciated.
Naffman

Maybe you have just been collecting data using the live version and not been placing any bets
BetScalper

UNFAIRLY wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 am
I have never used practise mode. Please can someone help me try and resolve this? Any help greatly appreciated.
I'll ask the obvious, you have your BF account funded ?

Also, you need to place REAL bets every now and then otherwise they just think your collecting data. Which they will charge you £299 for doing if you want your account unrestricted.

You using streaming mode ?
UNFAIRLY

Yes my bf account is funded. Been using betangel a long time. My criteria was not met last night so a bet didnt trigger but there where only like 3 or 4 matches on through the night. Is there a way of getting the restriction lifted? and does anyone know what the delay is once restricted?
BetScalper

UNFAIRLY wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am
Yes my bf account is funded. Been using betangel a long time. My criteria was not met last night so a bet didnt trigger but there where only like 3 or 4 matches on through the night. Is there a way of getting the restriction lifted? and does anyone know what the delay is once restricted?
You need to send an email to BDP support I think. Telling them what your doing and ask politely that they un-restrict your account. Usually with a first offence they will sort it out for free. Doing it again will result in them asking you for a £299 one off fee.

What you could do in the future to prevent this from happening is just place REAL bets well outside the odds you are trading and canceling them every now and then. Although this depends on what you are doing.

I had the same thing happen on in-running horse racing, where only every now and then my triggers would fire. Took me 3 weeks to get my account back on-line and I had to change my entries to get it to at least fire once per race, win or loose. Just be cleaver and just place real bets that are never going to get matched or unlikely too.

Example: Pre-off horse racing, place bets at 1000.0 on the favourite and cancel them before the start etc.
Dallas

UNFAIRLY wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am
The only way to get it unrestricted is to contact the Betfair API team directly using the following link
https://betfairdevelopersupport.zendesk ... quests/new

As others have said above the email you have received is sent out if they deem a user to have used practice mode too much or if they are using an unfunded account.
So if neither of these apply to you it will be interesting to hear what motive they had in your case when you contact them
ArticalBadboy

I got the delayed account email today.
I replied appealing and have been given an opportunity to answer the following questions before they follow through.

• For what purpose do you intend to you use your account?
• What sports and markets will you bet into?
• Of the markets you read/view what percentage do you expect to place bets in?
• What is your anticipated number of bets per market?
• What is your anticipated monthly betting volume?
• Do you work for a betting operator or any supplier to a betting operator, or have you in the past? If yes, please provide details.

Any advice how I should reply?

Should I mention BetAngel?

Thanks in advance.
spreadbetting

Surely the questions are simple enough to answer, they'll know you're using Bet Angel as the vendors API key gets sent with API requests. Just tell the truth unless you're up to something dodgy then you'll need to be a bit more creative with your answers.
ArticalBadboy

What purpose would you say...recreational or sports trading?
Kafkaesque

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 pm
What purpose would you say...recreational or sports trading?
You're overthinking imho. Follow the advice already given, and take them for the "simply enough" questions that they are.

The more you overthink it, the more you risk coming across as someone trying to pull a fast one on them. Just answer them clearly and honestly to the best of your abilities, and you should be fine, as long you are in fact not trying to pull a fast one on them.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”