LTD signal triggered early

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
acecard

Hi all,

These are my first few days experimenting with Bet Angel and its automation capability (the main reason I switched from my previous software was for this). I have a set of rules that I have been strictly implementing with LTD based on very selective match criteria with good success. I have now started to automate this and feel like I am starting to understand the various commands available, with the help of Peter’s YouTube videos, as well as the stuff I’ve read from the automation gurus on this forum; thank you all!

I have used a signal to determine whether the dog has scored, allowing me to get out automatically when this happens, with the following conditions:

1. If the current historic relative odds of my selection are lower than the odds 90 seconds ago minus 10 ticks; and
2. Time since market was unsuspended = 95 secs
So essentially a 10 tick drop in price within 90 seconds should trigger me out and I will green-up (or rather red-up).

I just wanted to test this out so I dumped the bot on the England v Columbia game last night on practice mode to see if my rules would work and left it running whilst I went to the pub to watch the game! I got matched on a draw lay price @ 3.2 and the trade should have been profitable as England scored when the odds were at about 2.18 (well before my 50% SL, which would have been 1.6) and the draw odds shot up to 6/6.5. I was tracking these odds on the Betfair app whilst in the pub!! Anyway, I got home to find that in fact, the bot had redded-up before the goal was scored, at 2.38 due to the fact that my underdog goal signal had triggered!

So, either something went wrong in the logic or something happened in the market to spike the odds down from 2.58 to 2.38. At the time this happened, the only match event looks to have been a yellow card, and of course, there was MORE than enough liquidity on this market so that can’t have been the cause!!! I also cannot see a reason why the logic would trigger accidentally, however I am very new to this so may be completely missing something!!

Has anyone else experienced this with using signals? Is it likely that I would need a tick increase of perhaps 20? If I posted up the file that I have written, would someone mind glancing over it?

Many thanks
Ace
Dallas

From what you have said it sounds like you have a good handle on it.
I wasn't keeping an eye on the in-play match odds to say if something happened during the game (possible money pulled in a situation causing your signal to trigger early etc)
You could post the files if you wish and I or someone else could give it a quick look over but I'd perhaps first suggest running it on a few more matches while your at your PC (i do this with every bot i make) so you can see what caused it and build something into the file or edit something you already have in place
acecard

Thanks Dallas,

Yes, that is probably the best solution. Just set myself up on the Finnish Veikkausliiga games starting in a moment and will pay close attention to the logs and real-time odds etc.

Will report back my findings!

Thanks
Ace
acecard

Ok so made a bit of a hash of my Finnish league tests yesterday as I was trying to monitor too much at once! My fault entirely! Live and learn! Although, it did show up a few things that needed adjusting so wasn't a complete waste of time. One of the main things it showed is that you can't put an early back bet in to act as a stop for a lay as it just triggers you at the current price; I knew this but just completely forgot! :lol:

Today I tried to put a few more tests on but it became apparent that it wasn't going to work out very well with such rubbish liquidity games. However, today hasn't been a complete waste either as I have found a couple other issues with my file:

1. As I want my stop loss to be based on a % of my entry as opposed to a monetary or tick value, I see the only way of doing this being to use the global settings. I am therefore now using the "offset with greening and stop" function to act as my stop loss, with my offset set miles away so that it doesn't play any part in my trade as I am only interested in the stop part of this function. The "stop at" and "place at" are currently just both set to 50%. When my stop was triggered, I got the message "Modify bet 10010 from 1.75 @ 120 to 1.75 @ 5.2 New ref 10011". It seems as though the bot is moving the stake that it calculated for the offset and using that for my stop loss, meaning that it doesn't actually take me out of the market properly. Any thoughts on this?! Am I perhaps using this function incorrectly? Is there another way to implement a % stop loss order?

2. I ran two versions of the same file with slight tweeks on the same game today (using two Bet Angel instances). The outcomes should have been pretty much identical. Instead, on one instance, the stop loss was prematurely triggered (as described in 1.); this did not happen on the other. Also, that same instance failed to green up after a goal, where as the other did!

Also, I have never had to look at the ladders for my football stuff before as I have been able to easily manage this on the normal Betfair interface. Today I have started to look at the BetAngel graphs in depth in order to debug my automation file and noticed that each time a team has scored, there was a massive spike down before the odds rose to a profitable level. I have include the picture for ref. Is this normal, or something that just happens during poor liquidity games?!

Thanks
Ace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”