Rule triggering queries

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
acecard

Hi all,

Perhaps some very basic (and stupid!) questions that I've wanted to asked for ages!

1. If I have an automation rule that I wish to allow to trigger every second throughout a footy match, would this cause me to be hit with charges for Betfair data. Or does the triggering frequency of a rule not affect the amount of Betfair data drawn on?

2. If I have a rule that triggers for an amount of time that exceeds the length of the match, does this cause problems? I have various bots that I have copied and pasted rules from and would rather not have to change the triggering duration for each (just being lazy!!)!

3. Once a green up rule is triggered, do any further attempts to green-up again cause any issues? e.g. if the rule is set to re-arm again or another rule is set to green up and different conditions.

Hope these make sense!

Thanks!
Dallas

1, See this link for your charges
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378

2, once a match suspends and closes no further bets can be placed so it won't matter, for ease of use I arm all my tennis bots for 0-10hrs In-Play

3, the rule will still trigger but if you have an equal green already no bets will be sent, again for ease of use I set at least 3 green up triggers in In-Play markets in case the first isn't matched
acecard

Thanks!

I should have been clearer, my mistake. The rule that I am triggering every second is just a "set signal" rule to monitor something in play, so not firing bets in every second. For ease of use I just set this to fire 10000 times and re-arm every second and was just wondering if this would cause me any issues with respect to data charges.

Sorry for the ambiguity!
Dallas

acecard wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:04 pm
Thanks!

I should have been clearer, my mistake. The rule that I am triggering every second is just a "set signal" rule to monitor something in play, so not firing bets in every second. For ease of use I just set this to fire 10000 times and re-arm every second and was just wondering if this would cause me any issues with respect to data charges.

Sorry for the ambiguity!
No probs,

Signals are only set locally and don't count as a transaction, so you can set as many of them as you want and as often as you wish and Betfair are none the wiser
acecard

Awesome, thanks!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”