Problem with Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jcihekweme

Hi I just followed the video on youtube 'Betfair trading strategies - Dobbing using Bet Angel Automation' and I did everything exactly as he did it yet when I tried it for American racing it is just not triggering 5 seconds before the event off time like it's supposed to, it's not triggering any back bet or lay bet at all. I don't get it? I have added the rule for triggering 'automation nominated selection1' for 5 seconds before the off time with a £5 stake and it is just not triggering, any ideas? I have double checked and done everything as he instructed in the video.
BetScalper

jcihekweme wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:15 am
Hi I just followed the video on youtube 'Betfair trading strategies - Dobbing using Bet Angel Automation' and I did everything exactly as he did it yet when I tried it for American racing it is just not triggering 5 seconds before the event off time like it's supposed to, it's not triggering any back bet or lay bet at all. I don't get it? I have added the rule for triggering 'automation nominated selection1' for 5 seconds before the off time with a £5 stake and it is just not triggering, any ideas? I have double checked and done everything as he instructed in the video.
Does American racing turn in-play for betting purposes ?
ANGELS15

American racing does go in play, however not all courses. I've no idea why this is. I understand that the purpose of the automation is to 'set and leave'. However what you could do to find out is to do some manual dobbing on the main courses covered by Betfair. place a small back bet as a test say £2 a few minutes before the race then immediately place a lay bet for £4 for 50% of the odds and change the lay bet to 'keep'. If it gives you the option to 'keep' the lay bet then you know that track goes 'in play'. A ilttle crude I know but you'll fairly soon have a list of courses you can DOB on.
Dallas

The courses that do go in-play are so illiquid I wouldn't advise trying to trade in-play anyway, for DOBing stick to the UK and Irish markets

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”