Can anyone help me?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jcihekweme

Can anyone help me I'm new to using bet angel and I want to get it to automatically offset bets I place.... I am toying with a system that involves the in-running market. I want to place 3 bets and lay them all off at differing percentages lower than the original price to keep in running. So for instance I want to be able to just choose a selection then it puts £30 on in the form of 3 bets and off sets them all at different percentages lower and for differing stakes. So for instance if I get 6.0 as the back price, it will lay off at 33% lower which is 4.0 for 1.5 times the first £10 (£15), then at 50% lower which is 3.0 it will lay off £20, then at 66% lower which is 2.0 it will lay off £30. So providing they all get matched I will end up with £30 on every selection (minus commission). Providing the price goes from 6.0 to 2.0. Now you can't always do this it depends on the initial price... if the price is too short you can only do the 33% and 50% lower. Or if it's even shorter you can maybe only do the one lay bet, but can I get bet angel to do this automatically? Because at the moment I'm doing it manually and it's arduous working out all the different lay bets based on the price I get. Thanks.
jimibt

to clarify, do you make your selection for the race upfront, ahead of the race?? If so, that helps form the basis of the initial structure of the rule as you could use the Nominated Selection 1 placeholder to identify the runner. You would then simply create 3 rules which examined the falling odds on this selected runner and would place the appropriate bets as the odds were met, e.g:

bet 1 -> back odds between 5.8 and 6.2, place back bet and offset bet with greening at offset percentage 33%
bet 2 -> back odds between 3.9 and 4.1, place back bet and offset bet with greening at offset percentage 33%
bet 3 -> back odds between 2.96 and 3.05, place back bet and offset bet with greening at offset percentage 33%

On each bets 2&3, you would only place those also if there were no unmatched bets on the market.

I may have misunderstood your requirement, but this covers off the gaps between 6 and 2 and only places the bets when the odds are within the required range. I've gone with the logic above. However, if all bets were intended to be placed at 6 odds, then you'd just copy rule #1 and vary the offsets of rules 2&3 to be 50% and 66% respectively.

[edit] - a picture (or in this case, a basic rule) paints a thousand words..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcihekweme

Thanks for your help. The problem is I don't, I make the choice close to the off. So I want the bets to be placed on command rather than a pre-determined time before the race is off. Is this possible? I could I guess set it to just take whatever odds are on off a few seconds before the off but I may lose important value this way. I'd prefer to do it 'on command', is this possible? Like at the click of a button. As for my requirements I think you misunderstood. I want to take the same price on the 'back bet', so really I worded it wrong, it's not 3 bets but rather one back-bet and then 3 offsets each one relative to a third of the original back bet. So to clarify Again say the price I want to take is 6.2 - I want it to place a bet of say for instance £30 at 6.2, then an automatic lay bet of £15 at 33% lower (4.1) then a further £20 at 50% lower (3.1) and then £30 at 66% lower (2.0 or 2.1). This would ensure I 'green up' and have around £35 regardless of what wins, providing those bets get matched. I think of it as 3x back bets of £10 each because then it's easier to understand the corresponding lay amounts required. I hope you understand. Thanks again.
jimibt

just to clarify a few things:

1. By *on command* do you mean that you manually select a runner, rather than preselect it. i.e. how do you identify your target runner??
2. You would in theory have to create 3 back bets anyway and then (as mentioned in my message), assign a different offset to each back bet. However, in this case, all 3 bets would be triggered at 6 odds but would each have the varying offset of 33,50 and 66 %.

I'll ping a version of this revised rule once you let me know how you would select your target runner.

cheers
jim
northbound

jcihekweme wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 pm
So I want the bets to be placed on command rather than a pre-determined time before the race is off. Is this possible?
Yes, you can create complex “automation” that you trigger manually on your chosen selection.

You do this by using Bet Angel’s SERVANT functionality. Look at Bet Angel Youtube videos about servants to understand more.
jimibt

northbound wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 am
jcihekweme wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 pm
So I want the bets to be placed on command rather than a pre-determined time before the race is off. Is this possible?
Yes, you can create complex “automation” that you trigger manually on your chosen selection.

You do this by using Bet Angel’s SERVANT functionality. Look at Bet Angel Youtube videos about servants to understand more.
absolutely correct on this one - servants would be the way to go, with the automation file attached to that given servant..
jcihekweme

It's really not scientific how I'm going to pick the selection. It's a culmination of things.. the main point of being able to quickly place the bet is so that I can obtain the best price on a horse I feel looks likely is about to shorten due to sentiment, weight of money etc. I just want to be able to place the bet and then have it instantly offset in three chunks rather than doing it all manually. Thanks.
Dallas

Try this, you just need to change the bet type from lay to back bets and edit the offsets to what you want
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15195

There are also several other variations of spread entry/exit servants in the servant shared files section
jcihekweme

Thanks for your help. I am going to abandon that buy I found some files on the automated servants section I'm experimenting with :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”