Place a bet if 'large' stake

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chucknorris

hey new still trying to wrap my head around automation.

Is there a way to signal or start a trade based upon for example:

place back bet at market if £5000 is at 2.0 on the lay side(or a range of prices) on any runner?

cheers ill go back to reading.

Is this something that should be done with excel?
CallumPerry

Not sure about automation but I know in excel cells K10, K12, K14 etc show the volume for each selection but this is across all of its prices. For example in a greyhound race it is just the money on the first dog regardless of where it traded between a hypothetical range of 2.0-5.0. If you want to break it down to individual prices you'll probably need to incorporate some VBA.

Personally I think the best way to go about this is by using a servant. I don't know much about them but what I do know is from the ladder screen you can visually identify the most traded price of the most traded selection easily and then with a click of a mouse you can launch whatever rules you like. It may be possible via automation but I really don't know sorry, like I said, I'd have a look at servants if I were you pal.
mcgoo

A few posts reference the desire for tracking offered amounts via automation. Maybe it will appear in the next BA version😁 ..that and tracking whether bets were lay or back matched would be welcome additions. ..or as mentioned above.. excel/vba
chucknorris

i guess ill have my weekend homework then
Derek27

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:48 am
A few posts reference the desire for tracking offered amounts via automation. Maybe it will appear in the next BA version😁 ..that and tracking whether bets were lay or back matched would be welcome additions. ..or as mentioned above.. excel/vba
I'm not sure if it's possible to track whether matched bets were back or lay. Both bets could be submitted between refresh intervals so there would be no way of knowing which was submitted and existed on the exchange first.
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:03 am
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:48 am
I'm not sure if it's possible to track whether matched bets were back or lay. Both bets could be submitted between refresh intervals so there would be no way of knowing which was submitted and existed on the exchange first.
Seen it done with other software ..assuming they are legit :)
PS: Just re-read your comment...these are "your" Lay vs Back bets..not everyone else's-useful for tracking counts of bets.BA obviously can track your Lay vs Back matched amount (I should have clarified :))
PPS: Lay Unmatched vs Back Unmatched would be useful too
Wolf1877

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:03 am
It is possible for automation processes in BAF files and excel VBA to take a decent guess as to if back funds or lay funds were taken. Basically the best back price and best lay price are continually updated in snapshots every x milliseconds at a frame refresh rate. So by keeping track of best back and lay price from the previous frame, when a trade occurs you can use last traded price to see if it was on the back side or the lay side. Problems with this are that in a high volume late trading market you may have had a £1000 trade taken on the lay side, followed by a £2 trade taken on the back side within a single frame and it might look like £1002 was backed when in reality it was largely the other way around! Also if there is a gap between touch price for back and lay and in the next frame a trade has occured between the previous back and lay price in which case there is no easy way of knowing but its sort of a half and half. There may be one or two other little tricks that can be used to improve accuracy.

Tracking and aggregating back and lay trades in a meaningful way in a BAF is a pain in the derriere. If feels a bit like using the computing power of a pocket calculator to control a successful lunar mission. As NASA proved in 1969 though it can be done!
Derek27

What I had in mind was that unless you have a very fast refresh rate, the price could move several ticks and back again in one refresh interval. Imagine a backer dumping £2k at 4.4, at the same time a large lay bet is submitted at 4.6. It may be impossible to work out which one went it first but it shouldn't matter anyway as it would just be pot luck!
chucknorris

so there is no way to mark specific prices for specific volume amounts outside of using excel?
Wolf1877

chucknorris wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:21 pm
so there is no way to mark specific prices for specific volume amounts outside of using excel?
I would say it is not practical in BAF files to construct price ladder volumes rather than not possible.
Fundamentally there is no looping logic or array handling in BAF but you could potentially hard code for say 10 price ticks with separately named stored values for each price point.

Personally I think this is unwieldy and not very practical but I wouldnt go as far as to say not possible. Of course there may be other opinions than mine.
Wolf1877

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:00 pm
What I had in mind was that unless you have a very fast refresh rate, the price could move several ticks and back again in one refresh interval. Imagine a backer dumping £2k at 4.4, at the same time a large lay bet is submitted at 4.6. It may be impossible to work out which one went it first but it shouldn't matter anyway as it would just be pot luck!
If your theoretical back and lay bets got placed within a single refresh interval then you would not be able to figure exactly what had happened or the sequence unless you knew that a single back bet had been placed and a single lay bet had been places, which of course you wouldnt know! You could potentially use the optional average price column from excel column 32 to derive the price point where net new matched volume was matched, i.e. was 2k matched at 4.4 or 4.6 based on the new average price. That may improve on the murky picture that you have but of course you wouldnt know for sure if 2K was backed at 4.4, then 2K was layed at 4.4 and further 1K was laid at 4.6.
BetScalper

We need access to the current back/lay amount on offer. Without using Excel. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”