(Basic!) - Guardian triggering all day

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
rbb1986

Evening,
I've read tonnes of related threads and guides, but just wanted to check I'm not missing something.
I'm all set up, and happy to procede with testing my first attempt at automation (been trading for years).
Everythings fine whilst I'm supervising, but if I leave BA running for a few hours the Trigger seems to stop activating. In 'log' it clearly shows a gap between the rules even attempting to trigger.

At first I thought this was as I didn't have 'switch to market' ticked. Ticking 'switch to' has improved it, but I think it may still be not trading some markets.

I have the following set up :

Markets tab :
Refresh - 200miliseconds
Auto switch - ticked
Switch time - 180secs (previously had this at 300)

Automation tab :
I have pressed 'apply to all markets', after loading the days quick pick list.

Watch :
Left to defaults

Advanced settings :
Restrict refresh - unticked

Should guardian not trade markets even without switching to the markets?
Could I be doing something fundamentally wrong?
I use a VPS server to trade.

Also - would I be better off converting my strategy into an excel format, and running all day using that method?

Any help appreciated. Cheers
Rob
JTEDL

Is PC set to keep awake'? Guardian won't do anything if PC gone to 'sleep'.
rbb1986

Yeah, using a VPS which is specifically for trading and always on and alert.
Dallas

You only need to switch to markets if you are manually trading or want to view them
Have a read of this thread which explains how Guardian cycles and refreshes markets, also it has a few suggestions for best settings to use
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Wolf1877

I'd add two rules to your BAF rules file. One at the top and one at the bottom to "Set / Modify a signal only" to set a signal called start-finish to 1 at the top and set to 2 at the bottom of your BAF rules file to be repeatedly unconditionally triggered between 3 minutes and 0 minutes our. Make sure that you tick the box to "note signal changes in market log". Basically this should write alternate 1 and 2 to the log. This should prove that the script is actually starting and finishing OK as per your expectations.

You can view the log from the guardian screen by highlighting the Market and clicking the log tab at the bottom.
rbb1986

Many thanks Dallas, Wolf & JT. Will try all suggested and study the link provided.
Hopefully see some progress during today's racing.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”