Automation and Greening

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
james4bond

Hi there
I was hoping someone could help please. I am loving Bet Angel andhave been using for a week now.

I set a rule file to open a back bet and a fill or kill and for parameters offset to greening for 20 ticks. Would that be enough to get the lay trade to open or would I still need to do a lay bet instruction in Rule name and Rule type? I only ask as I haven't had a trade open yet and there is nothing in the logs. I have had success with the automation openingvsingle buy or lay trades before but now I am trying to mix the buy and the lay element.

I see the fill or kill stops the missing of the buy trade and going straight to the lay trade. I set it to 0.5 second as I would imagine there's no point hanging round too long when at the business end of the race.

Thanks and sorry for the basic question.

Best regards

James
Dallas

Yes using 'offset bet with greening' is all you need to use to instruct BA to place the opposing bet for you

There are several rules in the shared files section which use that principle, here's just one of them which opens with a back or lay depending on the WOM and offsets according then repeats
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11441
billbo001

Im never sure how to post a 'new post', so I have come here!
Could somebody tell me if this is correct, image to follow.
In PLAY
trying to work something out in my automation rule.
Basically, putting a Back bet in 20 secs before the end of the race. Offsetting by 20 secs.
I want to make sure the horse behind the possible winner is far enough behind to place that back bet.
The image below could be wrong, to what I want it to do, I have set it back/minus 150 on the second favourite.

So,Making sure the possible favorite is also under 2.75, so for example, it is at 1.7, and the 2nd favourite is 150 ticks behind it, in the last 20 secs, it will back £10 offset by 20 ticks and green up.
I pretty rubbish in explaining things online so sorry if it sounds wufty!
2018-10-12_1514.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:35 pm
In PLAY
Basically, putting a Back bet in 20 secs before the end of the race. Offsetting by 20 secs.
I want to make sure the horse behind the possible winner is far enough behind to place that back bet.
The image below could be wrong, to what I want it to do, I have set it back/minus 150 on the second favourite.

So,Making sure the possible favorite is also under 2.75, so for example, it is at 1.7, and the 2nd favourite is 150 ticks behind it, in the last 20 secs, it will back £10 offset by 20 ticks and green up.
2018-10-12_1514.png
Yes that is correct

For future here is how to start a new topic/thread
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838
jimibt

billbo001 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:35 pm
In PLAY

2018-10-12_1514.png
that looks about right in terms of what you are trying to achieve.i would however chip in that the odds tend to flip around with huge gaps in between the back and the lay. you may be advised to also add a condition that the back and lay odds on both runners don't have a gap any greater than 4 ticks...
billbo001

Thanks Guys for a super quick reply!
Dont quite know how I would do that, condition. can you point me in the right direction! Do you think 150 ticks is quite a big amount? I think I have worked it out correctly!!
IMG_5736.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

bill - here's a quick take based on the screenshot you supplied, with the tick gap check added for pos 1 and pos 2...

150 ticks might be too big a gap but it depends on what you've observed in this type of race really.
billbo001

cheers man ;)
You are right. The prices do push in and out, especially at the end of the race. Some races, for example, just know. bet came in real late, 1.03, just 20p, most bets on £10, are approx 1.70, but there is the odd occasion when the 2nd fav just pops in and loss the £10, I feel I'm nearly there but not quite.
I will have a look at the file. Cheers again for your help Jim.
billbo001

IMG_5738 (1).JPG
jimibt

billbo001 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:36 pm
IMG_5738 (1).JPG
can't quite make out the image, but presume it wasa win ;). was that with the amended rule, or yourcurrent one?
billbo001

current one at the mo!!
testing new one now!!
billbo001

IMG_5739.JPG
Lets see how we go!!! Just updated all the conditions!!
MemphisFlash

how do you know when the final 20 seconds of a race will be?
Do you have a crystal ball?
billbo001

Lots of trail and error, getting all the info of race course standard of time.
billbo001

Jim,
Just to say thankyou for spending your time on me, person you dont know but has the same passion.
Cheers bud

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”