Reading the most recent line of a log

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jukebox

Is there a way to pin or reverse the lines of a log so that one can read it during the event without scrolling?
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm
Is there a way to pin or reverse the lines of a log so that one can read it during the event without scrolling?
+1, this has been requested in the past. interestingly, i recall someone saying that notepad++ can be used to present the log in reverse order. haven't tried myself tho

[edit] - found this page re unix Tail command. some little utility apps that work straight out of thge box: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/monitor-log ... h-notepad/ i think SnakeTail looks like the best option as you can color code for keywords found in the log entry
Last edited by jimibt on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jukebox

Thanks jimibt, I was thinking more of reading the info as it comes in rather than snapshotting and editing. You know what its like - with incrementing and decrementing signals etc you've got no idea where they're at without scrolling way down and then just as you get there an new item comes in and pushes you back the the first line.
Jukebox

ps thanks for the link
nigelk

isn't it possible to add a button that reverses the output so that instead of reading top to bottom it reads from bottom to top?
jimibt

nigelk wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm
isn't it possible to add a button that reverses the output so that instead of reading top to bottom it reads from bottom to top?
that would be the best approach - mTAIL or snakeTail both allow the last line to be scolled to the bottom of the page, thus effectively keeping the last line in sync with activity..

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”