Not Triggering

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
BigJ

This is a basic automation file in which the take SP is not triggering. can anybody see a reason why? The first part triggers fine.

Thanks in advance

Jordan
Back or Lay at Betfair SP (1).baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weemac

Were there more than 9 runners when you tried it?

Try ticking the Fill or Kill option with a very long time delay on your bet.
BigJ

Yes all races that it has failed to trigger have had 10 + horses.

Thanks
BigJ

Deffo not working, will delete and try again
Dabbla

Its because your minimum liability is to low, its £10 liability for lay bets.

from betfair: What is the minimum stake for an SP bet?

The minimum stake for a back bet at BSP is £2 or the local currency equivalent as per normal. The minimum liability is £10 or the local currency equivalent.

http://www.betfair.com/www/GBR/en/help/Help.SP.Betting/
BigJ

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:15 pm
Its because your minimum liability is to low, its £10 liability for lay bets.

from betfair: What is the minimum stake for an SP bet?

The minimum stake for a back bet at BSP is £2 or the local currency equivalent as per normal. The minimum liability is £10 or the local currency equivalent.

http://www.betfair.com/www/GBR/en/help/Help.SP.Betting/
I'm staking to a £200 liability the first part of the bet is triggering but the take SP part seems to fail.
Dallas

I've not had a chance to look at your file but here's one from the shared files section that does a similar thing
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11668
Dabbla

(edit) take that back you file does say £200 liability.
I just tested the file in practice and it never took the sp. Are you testing it in practice ?
I guess (take sp) does not work in practice, as it was set.
BigJ

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 pm
(edit) take that back you file does say £200 liability.
I just tested the file in practice and it never took the sp. Are you testing it in practice ?
I guess (take sp) does not work in practice, as it was set.
I actually had it live. going to delete it and start again with Dallas file, although I think that's the one I modified to get the current one.

Cheers
BigJ

Dallas wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:43 pm
I've not had a chance to look at your file but here's one from the shared files section that does a similar thing
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11668
Thanks Dallas will start again with this file. Would it be best to put the number of runners condition on the initial rule or on the takeSP rule?

Thanks
ShaunWhite

BigJ wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 pm
Would it be best to put the number of runners condition on the initial rule or on the takeSP rule?
Do you want to place bets only when the condition is met, and always set any bets that are placed to Take SP.

Or do you always want to place bets, but only set them to Take SP if the condition is met?

I'd guess the first one, and therfore you'd want your condition to apply to the rule that places the bet(s).not the rule that sets them to Take SP.
BigJ

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:30 am
BigJ wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 pm
Would it be best to put the number of runners condition on the initial rule or on the takeSP rule?
Do you want to place bets only when the condition is met, and always set any bets that are placed to Take SP.

Or do you always want to place bets, but only set them to Take SP if the condition is met?

I'd guess the first one, and therfore you'd want your condition to apply to the rule that places the bet(s).not the rule that sets them to Take SP.
I only want to place bets when condition is met. I already have the condition on that rule just wanted to check I was correct. Thanks for the clarification.

Jordan
ShaunWhite

BigJ wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:03 am
I only want to place bets when condition is met. I already have the condition on that rule just wanted to check I was correct. Thanks for the clarification.
No probs BigJ.
It wouldn't actually have done any harm to have the condition in other places too, but the fewer there are (especially unnecessary ones), the fewer places there are for errors to creep in if/when you start changing it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”