Creating a stored value for lowest traded value

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
megarain

I would like to place some bets, using the current lowest traded value.

I can see that you can create a stored value, for last traded price or another stored value.

I cant see a way to change the stored value of a selection, only if its a lower price, than was previously stored.

Is it possible to store current lowest price ?

Thx
jimibt

YES... to do this, you need to initialise the ltp for all runners ahead of the start of your actions. (i.e. create a stored value called LtpLow for example and set it to 1000 in your initialisation against each runner). then, when you are ready to start the ball rolling, you compare the current LTP to your LtpLow (per selection) and only change the value of the LtpLow if it's higher than LTP. That way, you get a continually decrementing value. likewise, you can do the same in reverse for LtpHigh.

I'll attach an example in later this morning...

[edit] - update. example rule attached. this operates during the IP period of the race. Just change the timings as required if looking at PRE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Thats just awesome.

Thx.

In the first line, Signals Init, the rule is allowed to trigger 20 times. I presume its not harming anyone, but am thinking it should initialise just once.

I wanted to send a bet at 5 ticks under LTPlow, so created a new stored value, of Ltplow-5.

If the current Ltplow is say 1.03, will the new Ltplow-5 price be 1.01 ? or cause some sort of problem ?

Will test on a mkt later.

Thx again.
jimibt

megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:15 pm
In the first line, Signals Init, the rule is allowed to trigger 20 times. I presume its not harming anyone, but am thinking it should initialise just once.
as it's set against ANY (and there's a limiting signal also set), this measn that the top 20 runners areall initialised (you never know which one will be of interest later
megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:15 pm
I wanted to send a bet at 5 ticks under LTPlow, so created a new stored value, of Ltplow-5.

If the current Ltplow is say 1.03, will the new Ltplow-5 price be 1.01 ? or cause some sort of problem ?
What you need to do is to set this new LtpLow-5 to a new Stored Value, which is basically the LtpLow variable with some basica aritmetic against it. Let me send you what I consider to be the setup for such a requirement (again, give me 10 mins as I'll need to grab that basic file and make the changes)

back in a jiffy...

[Edit] - ok, small edit (file attached). I created a new stored value called LtpTargetOddsLow. This is basically an assigned value of LtpLow minus 5 ticks. This would be the SV to use inside your lay bet rule... Hopefully, it all makes sense ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

as it's set against ANY (and there's a limiting signal also set), this measn that the top 20 runners are all initialised (you never know which one will be of interest later
I didnt realise that variable was against the number of runners.

this will be used in 2 or 3 runner mkts, so have set it to 3.

I ammended your Stored value adjust line. like this. (can upload baf if its needed etc)

And created a a layout. will upload in a sec
ltplow layout.jpg
Ltplow-7.jpg
megarain

your new version looks like it was almost exactly like mine.

many thx for you time.
jimibt

megarain wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:45 pm
your new version looks like it was almost exactly like mine.

many thx for you time.
no worries... good luck!
smd100

I have been playing with the stored values files with this one and they are useful

I was wondering whether it is possible to save the data such as lowest traded price to review at a later date after the race?

Cheers
bazzaboy1970

you can save it to the log, set the checkbox at the bottom of the Stored Values tab for the rule.
Then it should appear in the log tab within Guardian and also be recorded in the BetAngleLog.txt file

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”