Help Please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bigd85

Hi Guys

i made an automation file for DOBing the favourite if the favourite isn't any more than 20 ticks from 2nd fav.

I ran it last night for the Australian races in practice mode and it picked up three races based upon my conditions making what would have been £16 profit.

I have left it running all day on my pc at home but this lunchtime i have tried running on my laptop in practice but doesn't seem to be working.

i have been watching races and my conditions should have been met.

can anyone have a look and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

Bigd85 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Hi Guys

i made an automation file for DOBing the favourite if the favourite isn't any more than 20 ticks from 2nd fav.

I ran it last night for the Australian races in practice mode and it picked up three races based upon my conditions making what would have been £16 profit.

I have left it running all day on my pc at home but this lunchtime i have tried running on my laptop in practice but doesn't seem to be working.

i have been watching races and my conditions should have been met.

can anyone have a look and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dan
Dan- the issue is that in your Set Signal rule condition, you are asking for the signal to be set when the back price of the fave is EQUAL to the back price of the 2nd fave (minus 20 ticks). This is a VERY prcise requirement, and it all must happen inside the 10 second window ahead of the race starting.

you may be better to set that condition to where the difference is LESS than 21 ticks... that way, it would trigger as required. in essennce:

------------
Back Price
GREATER THAN
.. same
.. same
minus 21 ticks
-----------
Bigd85

I understand. Thank you

So in theory it has to be exactly 20 ticks behind the favourite to place a back.

Signals have been a bit of a sticking point with me. Appreciate the help
jimibt

Bigd85 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:05 pm
I understand. Thank you

So in theory it has to be exactly 20 ticks behind the favourite to place a back.

as your rule stands at present, yes. however, if you make the change that i suggested, then it will place the back bet when the difference in odds between 1&2nnd fave is less than or equal to 20 ticks.

btw -it may also be worth exploring the option to lay the fave if the two runners are this close in ticks also... but one step at a time :D
Bigd85

jimibt wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 pm
Bigd85 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:05 pm
I understand. Thank you

as your rule stands at present, yes. however, if you make the change that i suggested, then it will place the back bet when the difference in odds between 1&2nnd fave is less than or equal to 20 ticks.

btw -it may also be worth exploring the option to lay the fave if the two runners are this close in ticks also... but one step at a time :D
Thanks Jim,

Yeah I have been looking at that too however my balance isn’t quite at the stage to make much laying.

Give it a few months of trialing things fingers crossed I can make something work.

I bloody need to at the moment as I’m not having a lot of luck with this.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”