Automation to get BSP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
trifletastic

Does anyone know a way of getting BSP on certain selections. I know I can place at 900 and set to take BSP at the off, but that doesn't quite give me what I want.

Say I want to back the 3rd/4th/5th horse (by favouritism) at BSP. I can set automation to run from start time to off time to place the 900/takeBSP bet, but if the order changes between start and off i will have backed the wrong selection.

I was thinking I could place the 900/BSP bet on any selection that drifts in and out of 3, 4 or 5th place and then close the trade on any that aren't 3/4/5 at off that were unintentionally backed. I know I might make a small loss on these, but I can't think of another way.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, it's beating me!

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

If you go into your main settings then onto the automation tab you can specify how the 'order of favouritism' is determined.
Set this to last traded price

Then arm trigger the 'fix market order' rule at 00:00:00 after going in-play that should fix them in order of BSP
You can then place your bets on 3rd, 4th fav etc and at the actual BSP.
trifletastic

Thanks for getting back to me Dallas, but I don't think this will solve the problem.

If I want to back a mid-priced runner that I think will go well then a lot of the time the odds drop as soon as the pre-off money is cancelled at off and never recover to BSP.

I need to have taken BSP at off and I'm willing to risk placing bets on selections I don't want to get it. I think it would be better to lose £5 stake that I should be able to scratch for a small loss than lose 10-15 ticks on my targeted selections.

What I can't work out how to do is to say, back the field at BSP before the off and then close the trade with greening on the selections that started in 1, 2 & 3, thereby keeping the ones I wanted and getting BSP on them.

Thanks
trifletastic

Found the answer if anyone cares for it. This file has been hitting BSP on selections 3 - 6. Obviously can adjust to pick up whichever you want by editing the selection. May also be worth extending the cancel lines to 1 and 8 in case of a narrow spead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”