need help with drip laying bot

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ajsch

Hi all

Have been playing around today with some new automation, one of which is drip laying on football markets (Draw/unders etc).
The rules are basically store the value of the odds and place an initial lay. Then place 4 further lays relative to the SV
(ie second lay @10 ticks lower than SV, third @20 ticks lower etc etc)

The issue I'm having is that the 2nd lay doesn't always get triggered when it should have and then the other lays get matched and I cant for the life of me work out why. My initial thought was it was due to the odds crossing over from 3.x to 2.x but I'm not sure thats the reason.
Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated

A
Dallas

As both the draw and unders would naturally shorten during time decay is there any reason why not just have all the bets trigger at once so they are ready in the market?

Without seeing the actual rules file its difficult to know for sure what's stopping it but going off the information that it
A) Triggers sometimes
B) You're suggesting your placing the bets at various intervals after the opening bet

Assuming its not another condition that you have which is not always being met my first thought would be you may not be refreshing the markets quick enough in Guardian especially if your only using a short arm time window for the 2nd and subsequent rules.

This thread explains how Guardian cycles/refreshes markets and the effect it has on automation rules, if you have a read of that you should know if its a possible cause from your current setup
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
ajsch

Hi Dallas

Thanks for reply. Had it running in the background yesterday and it worked without any trouble. The only thing I changed was to restrict the refresh, so it looks like it may have been a refresh/cycle issue.

As you say though, there are easier ways to drip lay/back and it was just an experiment and I always think if you don't experiment you won't learn what automation is possible.
Cheers mate and thanks for all your input on the forum, its much appreciated

Ajsch :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”