How to select least favourite in football

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
seanr19871

I've been searching the forum for how to set a rule to select the under dog in football markets before kick-off with no success.

Is it the same as sorting horses in order of favouritism, do I use the same principle for football by ordering them in 1st and 2nd favourite?
Dallas

It can be done using a signal

Start with a 'Set/Modify Signal rule' applied to selection in row 1 and set a signal on the selection and give it a name of your choice

Next, add a 'Relative odds condition'
Is the Selections back price
Less than
The Back Price
Of Selection in Row 2

Then create an identical rule this time applied to selection in row 2
'Relative odds condition'
Is the Selections back price
Less than
The Back Price
Of Selection in Row 1

Only one of these two will be true so only one selection will get a signal set on it - that will be the favourite

For your subsequent back/lay rule/s that you want to trigger on the fav just add the following condition
'Signal Set Condition'
Is the signal named (whatever you called it)
Set with a value

For subsequent back/lay rule/s that you want to trigger on the selection NOT the fav just add the following condition
'Signal Set Condition'
Is the signal named (whatever you called it)
NOT Set with a value
seanr19871

And if I want this to only trigger say 25 minutes into the second half and on the condition the lay odds on the NOT favourite are above say odds 40?
Dallas

seanr19871 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm
And if I want this to only trigger say 25 minutes into the second half and on the condition the lay odds on the NOT favourite are above say odds 40?
Arm the rule at 01:25:00 applied to ANY selection
with a
'Fixed odds condition'
Selections lay price
is Greater than 40

and the bottom 'signal set' condition from my first post
seanr19871

Perfect, I'll put this together and see how I get on. Thanks for you help
seanr19871

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 pm
seanr19871 wrote:
with a
'Fixed odds condition'
Selections lay price
is Greater than 40

Ok so I’ve put this together (thank you) and I want to test the file in practice mode. What’s the best way to measure the success. I’ve selected ‘Export Market Reports On Market closure and I assume this will save down a report for every Market I’ve selected.

Can I save reports somewhere for only the markets I haven matched bets?
Dallas

seanr19871 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 pm
Dallas wrote:
seanr19871 wrote:
with a
'Fixed odds condition'
Selections lay price
is Greater than 40

Ok so I’ve put this together (thank you) and I want to test the file in practice mode. What’s the best way to measure the success. I’ve selected ‘Export Market Reports On Market closure and I assume this will save down a report for every Market I’ve selected.

It will export results from all markets in Guardian but it's easy to filter out those £0.00 afterwards when you begin to analyse
seanr19871

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:00 am
seanr19871 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 pm
Dallas wrote:

with a
'Fixed odds condition'
Selections lay price
is Greater than 40

It will export results from all markets in Guardian but it's easy to filter out those £0.00 afterwards when you begin to analyse
I take it your referring to the profit/report? How do I filter out the £0.00 reports then without going through each one or is that the only way?
seanr19871

Dallas, can you take a look at this file. Similar to what you helped me with above but I want the automation to select the losing team after 1:15:00 and then place a lay bet at 1:25:00 in-play with lay odds above 60.

I'm missing something because nothing is happening even when the odds are where they need to be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

seanr19871 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 pm
Dallas, can you take a look at this file. Similar to what you helped me with above but I want the automation to select the losing team after 1:15:00 and then place a lay bet at 1:25:00 in-play with lay odds above 60.

I'm missing something because nothing is happening even when the odds are where they need to be?
You had the signal on the lay rule testing named favourite being set - this should be NOT set when betting on the outsider (which I've now changed)

Also, I added in a rule to ignore the draw column and a condition on the lay bet to look for that signal NOT being set so it can't accidentally lay the draw

Everything should work now although by using a 'by liability' stake of £2 if there's a big jump in odds before it triggers ie, the price goes from 50 to 100 and therefore triggers your lay the stake size would be less than 1p so wouldn't be placed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
seanr19871

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am
seanr19871 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 pm

You had the signal on the lay rule testing named favourite being set - this should be NOT set when betting on the outsider (which I've now changed)

Also, I added in a rule to ignore the draw column and a condition on the lay bet to look for that signal NOT being set so it can't accidentally lay the draw

Everything should work now although by using a 'by liability' stake of £2 if there's a big jump in odds before it triggers ie, the price goes from 50 to 100 and therefore triggers your lay the stake size would be less than 1p so wouldn't be placed
Cheers mate, working exactly as it should now, lifted the lay bet to £10 and is getting matched regularly.

I’m now trying to back the winning team at around 1:30:00. Basically placing the opposite trade at anything under odds 1.1 but in this file the back bets not being triggered, any ideas why?

Also, is there a way i can stake a percentage of my betfair balance say 8-10%?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”