Intermittent Triggering Issues - Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ShaunWhite

ahhh, I think if you double click the next race before going into the edit, that might show what you expect.

But do you want to nominate named horses, or just choose the 1st, 2nd, 3rd fav etc?
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Your rule looks at order of favouritism (presumably 1st or 2nd etc) so I'm not sure how the name of the fav come into it.
When I enter the order of fav, it shows the selection in the By name field. So;

if i type in 1 into the fav field, it shows the fav - name, number, colour of uniform ..
if i type in 2, it shows the second fav ... and so on
ShaunWhite

If you want to nominate a horse, use 'by nomination' in the rule and then specify the horses for each race in the guardian grid.
If you just want the 1st, 2nd fav etc. Use by position (sorted in order of favouritism) ... =2 etc.

If it's in-play, the order of favourism changes during the race (obv)....but you can insert a new rule in your rules that fixes the order of favouritism. That's best triggered at scheduled off time.
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Your rule looks at order of favouritism (presumably 1st or 2nd etc) so I'm not sure how the name of the fav come into it.
When I enter the order of fav, it shows the selection in the By name field. So;

if i type in 1 into the fav field, it shows the fav - name, number, colour of uniform ..
if i type in 2, it shows the second fav ... and so on
I think that's just a 'feature' to guide your initial setup. Order of fav doesn't/shouldn't care what the horse is actually called.
ShaunWhite

I think it was a good guess on your part, but a red herring.... and the problem should be fixed by what jimi suggested.
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:07 pm

If it's in-play, the order of favourism changes during the race (obv)....but you can insert a new rule in your rules that fixes the order of favouritism. That's best triggered at scheduled off time.

That's happened a few times, an d I lost my Bet .. the whole £1 :o

How would I go about fixing that? Do I have to do it manually after the race has started, then apply, and save?
westbamtrading

I think what's happens is

The Back bet is triggered, and then the favourite changes and the Lay bet is left open ... the price then drift becasue the fav is loosing , and I lost my trade and my money.
westbamtrading

Another issue I had at the start was for some bizarre reason, the bet was triggered nowhere near my set rules. It was triggered at .34 above set Rule ??
westbamtrading

17:15 kempton - Nothing!
westbamtrading

17:45 nothing again!

This can't be right. I don't know what I've done from the first time I engaged the Automation feature, and now, but it obviously isn't working for a reason i can't seem to fathom, and I don't think it's because there are no trades at said price, becasue i've been watching the ladders, and there are plenty of trades going on. Thanks for your help all the same
westbamtrading

18:15 it kicked in :D
Andel0l

I've been having a similar problem with automation on tennis if anyone can help. They're the ones that I've copied from the Automation subforum, however, I have adjusted them slightly to trigger on specific scores in game, for example, 30-15. I've been running them on markets in practise mode for the last 3 days, and when I run them on matches taking place in the afternoon they work how I would expect, however, when I run them on Australian Open matches starting at midnight they don't work properly, only the Close Game End rules and checkpoint rules work, whereas all work earlier in the day.

Any ideas?
Dallas

Andel0l wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 am
I've been having a similar problem with automation on tennis if anyone can help. They're the ones that I've copied from the Automation subforum, however, I have adjusted them slightly to trigger on specific scores in game, for example, 30-15. I've been running them on markets in practise mode for the last 3 days, and when I run them on matches taking place in the afternoon they work how I would expect, however, when I run them on Australian Open matches starting at midnight they don't work properly, only the Close Game End rules and checkpoint rules work, whereas all work earlier in the day.

Any ideas?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18061
Andel0l

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 am
Andel0l wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 am

Any ideas?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18061
Ooh, thank you for that mate. I had a feeling it wasn't my end but as I'm new to it I thought it must be.

Thanks for the link!
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:12 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:07 pm

That's happened a few times, an d I lost my Bet .. the whole £1 :o

How would I go about fixing that? Do I have to do it manually after the race has started, then apply, and save?
No, just insert a new line at the top of your existing ruleset. Then make that a rule type of Fix market set to fire at the scheduled off time. Give it a window of a few secs to operate in so the Guardian has time to cycle the markets. Remember that with 10 markets in Guardian and set at a 100ms refresh, it will only look at each market's rules once per sec. You only need to set that new rule to trigger once and don't apply any conditions.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”