Intermittent Triggering Issues - Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
westbamtrading

Still not switching market.

Just done the 16:45 at kempton, but it still showing the fav from 4 races ago???
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 pm
best to have a quick skim thro the user guide to fully acquaint yourself with the nuances of how to setup rules and conditions, as it sounds like you may not have had a chance to do so yet.
You are such a nice fella jimi....that is the nicest way to say RTFM I have ever seen. :D
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:54 pm
Still not switching market.

Just done the 16:45 at kempton, but it still showing the fav from 4 races ago???
Where is it showing it?

Your rule looks at order of favouritism (presumably 1st or 2nd etc) so I'm not sure how the name of the fav come into it.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westbamtrading

17:15 is correct selection wise. I've set my Fixed Odds 5 ticks below, 5 ticks above. I'll have to wait.
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Where is it showing it?
When I move to a new market, just to make sure I open - Edit rules file - to have a look.
ShaunWhite

ahhh, I think if you double click the next race before going into the edit, that might show what you expect.

But do you want to nominate named horses, or just choose the 1st, 2nd, 3rd fav etc?
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:

Your rule looks at order of favouritism (presumably 1st or 2nd etc) so I'm not sure how the name of the fav come into it.
When I enter the order of fav, it shows the selection in the By name field. So;

if i type in 1 into the fav field, it shows the fav - name, number, colour of uniform ..
if i type in 2, it shows the second fav ... and so on
ShaunWhite

If you want to nominate a horse, use 'by nomination' in the rule and then specify the horses for each race in the guardian grid.
If you just want the 1st, 2nd fav etc. Use by position (sorted in order of favouritism) ... =2 etc.

If it's in-play, the order of favourism changes during the race (obv)....but you can insert a new rule in your rules that fixes the order of favouritism. That's best triggered at scheduled off time.
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

When I enter the order of fav, it shows the selection in the By name field. So;

if i type in 1 into the fav field, it shows the fav - name, number, colour of uniform ..
if i type in 2, it shows the second fav ... and so on
I think that's just a 'feature' to guide your initial setup. Order of fav doesn't/shouldn't care what the horse is actually called.
ShaunWhite

I think it was a good guess on your part, but a red herring.... and the problem should be fixed by what jimi suggested.
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:07 pm

If it's in-play, the order of favourism changes during the race (obv)....but you can insert a new rule in your rules that fixes the order of favouritism. That's best triggered at scheduled off time.

That's happened a few times, an d I lost my Bet .. the whole £1 :o

How would I go about fixing that? Do I have to do it manually after the race has started, then apply, and save?
westbamtrading

I think what's happens is

The Back bet is triggered, and then the favourite changes and the Lay bet is left open ... the price then drift becasue the fav is loosing , and I lost my trade and my money.
westbamtrading

Another issue I had at the start was for some bizarre reason, the bet was triggered nowhere near my set rules. It was triggered at .34 above set Rule ??
westbamtrading

17:15 kempton - Nothing!
westbamtrading

17:45 nothing again!

This can't be right. I don't know what I've done from the first time I engaged the Automation feature, and now, but it obviously isn't working for a reason i can't seem to fathom, and I don't think it's because there are no trades at said price, becasue i've been watching the ladders, and there are plenty of trades going on. Thanks for your help all the same

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”