Intermittent Triggering Issues - Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
westbamtrading

First day trading with 'Automation' for the first time ever, and its going really well ... when it triggers :( . But for some reason it doesn't always trigger. Any suggestions please?

Open Guardian > Select Market > Add Automation Rule from drop down menu (right)
ShaunWhite

You haven't giving much info to go on.
Is your refresh restricted, are your active times ok on all your rule lines, are there any conditions that aren't being met, do you have sufficient funds, are you above min bet if you're taking sp, are your rules expecting nominated selections, are you trying to open or close trades in fast moving markets, what does your log say, what parts of the user guide didn't you fully understand, is it football, greyhounds or horses, is it live more or practice mode, are they actually being triggered and just not matched?

I think you're gong to have to give a bit more than 'it doesn't work'.
westbamtrading

Horse Markets

I haven't added the rules to All markets, I'm adding the rules manually to individual market. I do notice that when i add the Rule to new market (the next race) its showing the favs from the last race. But even when that's corrected .. still no trigger.

General

Back Bet

In-Play set to start 10secs, stops at 10 mins (relative to in-play time) - I suspect there's no horse race that goes on for 10 mins!

By Position - (sorted in order of Favouritism)

Parameters

Fixed Price

Fixed amount (I have enough funds)

Offset with Greening - 5 Ticks - 1 Offset batch - no kill or fill

Conditions

Fixed Odds Condition - (sorted in order of Favouritism) - Back Price - Equal to (My set backing Odds)

In-Play conditions - The Market is in-play

Close Trade Profit condition - Less than (Set amount) I assume/hoping that acts as a Stop Loss??
jimibt

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:18 pm
Conditions

Fixed Odds Condition - (sorted in order of Favouritism) - Back Price - Equal to (My set backing Odds)
i suspect that this is your problem line. you are looking for an EXACT match on the odds (e.g. 2.56 odds [i just made that value up, but you get the gist]). Unless you find an EXACT match on the odds inside the timewindow, nothing will match. I would suggest that you create two conditions:

1. Fixed Odds Condition - (sorted in order of Favouritism) - Back Price - Greater than (the lowest backing Odds that you're after)
2. Fixed Odds Condition - (sorted in order of Favouritism) - Back Price - Less than (the highest backing Odds that you're after)

so this might entail a range between 2.5 and 2.6 odds =etc

that should allow many more triggers hopefully.
westbamtrading

Thank you for your help. Am I right in thinking that:

Conditions

Close Trade Profit condition - Less than (Set amount)

Does actually act as a Stop Loss?
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:18 pm
I do notice that when i add the Rule to new market (the next race) its showing the favs from the last race
Where is it showing this? In the window below the guardian list, or in the 'nominated selction' col ? Or on the General tab of the rule def screen?

...I'd look at jimibt's suggestion though, it sound like a likely contender. Especially as it's in-play.
jimibt

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Conditions

no -that just limits any bets being placed if the profit on the trade is less than £xx. that line will also stop anything getting placed unless by chance you happen to have some bet sitting on that selection at the time. to add a stop loss, you want to use the bet type option {Offset bet with greening and stop].

best to have a quick skim thro the user guide to fully acquaint yourself with the nuances of how to setup rules and conditions, as it sounds like you may not have had a chance to do so yet. there are also lots of example files in the automation section that you could use to gain a few ideas from.
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Conditions

It acts as a stop loss if you make it a condition of a rule that either closes the trade or greens the position.

ie Green Up if profit < -£n.nn
So you have one rule that places the bet, and another rule that greens when you want it to. It's usually advised to allow the greenup rule to trigger 3 times about 4-5s apart. Getting a closing trade (stop loss) matched in-play isn't easy. If you want to exit your position you need to hope there are people out there who disagree.
westbamtrading

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 pm

best to have a quick skim thro the user guide to fully acquaint yourself with the nuances of how to setup rules and conditions, as it sounds like you may not have had a chance to do so yet. there are also lots of example files in the automation section that you could use to gain a few ideas from.

I've watched all the videos, but I think you're right, I will have to go through this with a fine tooth comb .. but its day 1, I'm using Betdaq and there's no practice mode, so for the time being I'm using £1 stakes while I give this a go.
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:44 pm
Getting a closing trade (stop loss) matched in-play isn't easy. If you want to exit your position you need to hope there are people out there who disagree.
Yeah, I've tried it before manually, but as you pointed out in your reply, it has to be matched exactly, and sometime .. it doesn't.

Most of my money comes from in-play, I just thought I'd give it a go. Like I said, its day 1 and I need to tinker a little/lot.

Thanks for the help.
westbamtrading

Still not switching market.

Just done the 16:45 at kempton, but it still showing the fav from 4 races ago???
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 pm
best to have a quick skim thro the user guide to fully acquaint yourself with the nuances of how to setup rules and conditions, as it sounds like you may not have had a chance to do so yet.
You are such a nice fella jimi....that is the nicest way to say RTFM I have ever seen. :D
ShaunWhite

westbamtrading wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:54 pm
Still not switching market.

Just done the 16:45 at kempton, but it still showing the fav from 4 races ago???
Where is it showing it?

Your rule looks at order of favouritism (presumably 1st or 2nd etc) so I'm not sure how the name of the fav come into it.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westbamtrading

17:15 is correct selection wise. I've set my Fixed Odds 5 ticks below, 5 ticks above. I'll have to wait.
westbamtrading

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Where is it showing it?
When I move to a new market, just to make sure I open - Edit rules file - to have a look.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”