Betfair trading strategies & systems

A place to discuss anything.
chrisclark55

Hi all,

Is anyone using the the betfair ATM principles? if so have you managed to automate these principles?

I've had a quick search through the forums and found nothing.

I'm happy to have a go at trying to write the automation, i was just wondering if it is possible.

Thanks

Chris
Euler

It doesn't sound like a valid process as it's promoted as GRQ style scheme. But if you post what you want to do, I'm sure somebody can see what is required to automate it if you want to give it a try.
mcgoo

chrisclark55 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm
Hi all,

Is anyone using the the betfair ATM principles? if so have you managed to automate these principles?

I've had a quick search through the forums and found nothing.

I'm happy to have a go at trying to write the automation, i was just wondering if it is possible.

Thanks

Chris
Yes it is possible. It is not entirely simple but with some thinking (and help from the forum users [Dallas etc]---I'll post the thread here when I can) it is not too complex either.I was able to do it. I did it as an intellectual exercise using BA and also was able to write it using another software iteration (not profitably there either). It is a bit clunky (lots of rules) to do as you have to have different rule bases for win and place markets.It also requires a little(if I may say so) lateral thinking about how to restrict odds ranges. I might look at it again sometime. Sometimes it was really profitable and other times would lose horrendously :shock: . I didn't have time to do the analysis but as I said might have another crack at it if I get bored :D as clearly some markets are more suited to it. Give it a go, it will teach you a lot about BA automation. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Edit: This should get you started
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026&start=10
chrisclark55

Mcgoo, many thanks when I've played around with the rules I will let you know how I've got on.
Balmus

What is Betfair ATM?
chrisclark55

Betfair ATM is a strategy on betting on, in running favourites. If you type it into google it will pop up.
Derek27

Stupid name for a system. Reminds me of the 'weekly wages', so-called because it could earn you a weekly wage for a £2 weekly outlay (6x20p singles, 3x20p trebles & 40p six-fold). :lol:
Euler

The Lay the draw was called the football cash generator. Marketing angle was "imagine a cash machine that just pays out constantly". Hmmm..

If anybody wants to post up the Betfair ATM criteria, I can run it through some data and comment.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 pm
The Lay the draw was called the football cash generator. Marketing angle was "imagine a cash machine that just pays out constantly". Hmmm..

If anybody wants to post up the Betfair ATM criteria, I can run it through some data and comment.

Had to dig out an old USB stick to find original rules on a PDF (24 pages). Here is the crux of the ATM system rules the way ot was originally written.

Post 1.

ATM1.PNG
ATM2.PNG
ATM3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Post 2

ATM4.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

So back a shortening favourite in-running?
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 pm
Yes, that will never fail :lol:
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Any horse that becomes favourite in running @ 1.30 as long as the other odds criteria is met.
jimibt

hmm - can't say that it won't ever work, and seeing as it's a bit thin on description and evidence (and has been out there since 2010), i'm very doubtful that this will still run as *advertised*. market efficiencies have changed dramatically in the past 2-3 years, never mind almost 10!!

still, there may still be nuggets that can be used in a contrarian manner ;)
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Keep quiet about it, the system costs £87, you don't want people getting it for free. ;)

Return to “General discussion”