cant work out bet placements

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
facefish1

screen2 new.jpg
screen2 new.jpg
i wrote a automation program and each step has a selection condition of matched bets on current selection is less than 1
yet it places 2 bets on the selection
also i had 2 lines one saying place lay 5th fav <15-1 bet 1.0 and lay 5th fav
>15 to 1 50p yet it put a lay bet on at 13.5 at 1 and also at 50p see picture and lay bets dont relate to a named dog

the program is not doing what I stipulated any help please
Last edited by facefish1 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Screenshots or the rules file its self would be helpful, the attachment button to add files is just below the 'submit' button you press after writing your message.
facefish1

screen3n.jpg
screen2 new.jpg
image2.jpg
the 2 diff rules shows the bet at 50p at 13to1 shouldnt have been placed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eatyourgreens

hi facefish
I am no expert with this, but I could suggest a couple of things that may have happened, .....could the 5th fav. have changed after one of your bets had been placed?, i.e, a new 5th fav with no matched bets on it would cause the rule to trigger, if so, try using a "fix order" . ( that could also explain why the dog is unnamed, it could have been a reserve)
Also, I think that as your are using a sub £2 stake, there will be a delay in the bet reaching the market, so a second bet is firing before the first has reached the market :( Not too sure, but I think a way to prevent that is to use a "time since active kill or fill bet is active rule" ( is greater than 2 seconds) or maybe, a place bet trigger condition ( is less than 1 ???)
Hope that helps, ....if any of it is right !!!
have a nice day, and good luck to ya ! :)
facefish1

thanks for that ill look into it but I still dont understand how the 50p bet was placed under 15-1 as I had the 50p bet on >15 and <20 odds so shouldnt trigger at 13.5 even if timing and stake were a problem cheers
eatyourgreens

your 50p bet would only have fired if the above 15 and below 20 conditions were met, therefore the odds must have changed in the 1sec delay for the bet to reach the market (that would also confirm the swapping of 5th/6th favourtism). I would guess that on the parameters tab you have "place at best market price" So, the bet triggers at above 15, in the delay to reach market the odds drop to 13.5 ( not unusual in doggy markets) and the bet is placed at the "the best market price" ( currently 13.5).

As I said, I am no expert so this is mostly guess work, maybe that very helpful Mr. Dallas could throw more light on the subect :)
eatyourgreens

If the assumption in my last post was correct, it follows that if the odds had drifted (in the delay for bet to reach the mrkt), and you are placing at "best mrkt price" I think you could have been matched at worse odds than 20.

Just a suggestion, as this scenario could happen again, maybe on parametrs tab place at "fixed odds" 20, that way if the bet triggers because above 15 and below 20 criteria are met, say the odds are 16, you will be matched at 16 because Betfair will always give you the best price, but if (in the delay for bet to reach mrkt) the odds drift to, say 22, your bet will be placed at 20 waiting to be filled.

I hope what I have suggested is correct. and I am not miisleading you, I am still learning myself !!! try n practice mode first!

good luck :)
Dallas

eatyourgreens wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:29 am
If the assumption in my last post was correct, it follows that if the odds had drifted (in the delay for bet to reach the mrkt), and you are placing at "best mrkt price" I think you could have been matched at worse odds than 20.

Just a suggestion, as this scenario could happen again, maybe on parametrs tab place at "fixed odds" 20, that way if the bet triggers because above 15 and below 20 criteria are met, say the odds are 16, you will be matched at 16 because Betfair will always give you the best price, but if (in the delay for bet to reach mrkt) the odds drift to, say 22, your bet will be placed at 20 waiting to be filled.

I hope what I have suggested is correct. and I am not miisleading you, I am still learning myself !!! try n practice mode first!

good luck :)
Everything you have suggested is more or less what I would have said, except for the delay - that would only be applicable if in play so won't apply to greyhound markets.

If the OP can provide screenshots of the General and parameters tab and a copy of the log that would confirm everything so far
facefish1

thanks great replies I already had best market price but seems fine now

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”