Apply Automation Rules Guardian automatically.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tootall

I am trying to set up for Australian greyhound markets, as Betfair don't load them till around midnight I have created a programme that adds all the races into Guardian and it works fine. However I can not find a way to add my rule to all selections, has anyone managed to "click the Apply rules to markets" automatically?
jimibt

tootall wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:46 am
I am trying to set up for Australian greyhound markets, as Betfair don't load them till around midnight I have created a programme that adds all the races into Guardian and it works fine. However I can not find a way to add my rule to all selections, has anyone managed to "click the Apply rules to markets" automatically?
you'd need a program that targetted pre-defined windows and used sendmessage to invoke key presses etc. you'd then need to set this program on a scheduled task to run at (say) 12:15 after midnight.

if you are a programmer, this is quite an easy little piece of functionality as the window class and names (for guardian and the button) will be easy to save into an .ini file for that purpose. there may well be commercial or shareware apps out there that also do this - have never investigated.
tootall

Yes I use sendmessage, the trouble is I used Findwindow and EnumChildProc to find the “Add” button on Guardian but I cannot find the “Apply Rules to All Markets”.
Using Spy++ it just reveals the top window.
jimibt

tootall wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 am
Yes I use sendmessage, the trouble is I used Findwindow and EnumChildProc to find the “Add” button on Guardian but I cannot find the “Apply Rules to All Markets”.
Using Spy++ it just reveals the top window.
i've not delved deep into this personally, but it could well be that the *Apply Rules to All Markets* button could be something other than a standard button (could be part of the infragistics kit??). You may have to get the client rec of that window and do a click offset against it -cludgy, but may work (maybe even GetDlgItem() ??).

Re spy++, it's pretty good. however, i recall (WAY back in the day), using an alternative app... just googling for it now.. got it: http://web.archive.org/web/200909160530 ... s-spy.com/

it's quite an old program, but it may provide deeper info than Spy++... sorry to be of less help, but not been doing low level API stuff for a few years now.

[edit] - also have a look at this approach which would simply entail finding the topmost window and then identifying the x,y offsets for the button that needs to be clicked:
tootall

Thanks will have a look.
jimibt

tootall wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:05 pm
Thanks will have a look.
yeah -keep me posted on the solution(s) you find/implement. would be interested to see what works best.
hudbud

You have any luck getting this working?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”