The perfect automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mbbets

Hi.
I was wondering if anybody here have a perfect automated bot file or can make one that will work with a bigger profit then loss.
I´m willing to pay for a good working bot if someone can provide me with this.
CallumPerry

To save you the embarrassment of what's to follow, simply the answer is no. Nobody will. Unanimously. Use your own ideas, build some simple bots test them out. This forum doesn't mind sharing some advice and will help you tweak your bots, give you ideas etc but ... oh god, I can already feel the other traders tapping away at their keyboards.
firlandsfarm

Totally agree with Callum … in the main Bots work by exploiting a niche the designer has uncovered and the quickest way to lose that advantage would be to tell everyone else what it is! That's why many of the Bots on here are actually only intended as set-up examples to help you construct your own Bot, they are not intended to make any money in the long-term!
mbbets

Ok.
Point taken. I will try create one on my own. :D
Pavarotti

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:39 pm
To save you the embarrassment of what's to follow, simply the answer is no. Nobody will. Unanimously. Use your own ideas, build some simple bots test them out. This forum doesn't mind sharing some advice and will help you tweak your bots, give you ideas etc but ... oh god, I can already feel the other traders tapping away at their keyboards.
Hahaha the end of that post has made my day
eightbo

I laughed at first too but actually it's not such a crazy idea. A working bot is essentially an asset and there's no reason why you can't value it as such.

Firstly, depending on somebody's circumstances in life, they may require a pot of cash for something in the immediate future, which their automation cannot provide. Secondly, we must remember successful bots are at risk of losing their edge in the future — so there does exist potential for incentive to sell a profitable piece of automation. If you thought it may stop working soon, why not sell it?

Assuming the owner knows the staking limitations, you should be able to estimate a fair price based on previous results e.g. average monthly profit and the length of its track record. If you really sat down and thought about it, other more obscure factors could also be considered into the price such as room for a potential increase in position sizing in the future e.g. if the markets the automation operates in is seeing increases in liquidity year-on-year.

You could perhaps compare it to something like buying a piece of property with the intention to rent it out to generate a monthly return in a very chaotic and unstable country whose future is up in the air. Just as if the crisis was to randomly subside and the price of the property rose to reflect that, if the bot were to randomly improve since it transferred to the new owner, I see no reason why the new owner could not then sell it on to someone else at a higher price if they so wished, provided they could find a buyer.

Ultimately when you boil it down it's a transaction like any other and if the buyer and seller can agree on a price that's all that really matters.

I would say though that there is no such thing as the "perfect automation".
mbbets

I actually work on one, currently who has to back fav1 before race start but at odds of 10 and then keep it in in-play. when fav1 suddenly or quickly jumps to odds 10 in the final phase of the race, it must green up with x number percent or ticks. My problem right now is that from the very start it makes a lay bet compared to green up and it takes it first. How can I avoid this? I can attach the file here so you can se it if that could help.

It would also be nice if I could secure a little against fav if he had to do something that makes him stroke at odds 60-80 or maybe it is just the disadvantage that is in relation to this bet
CallumPerry

I just wanted to get in politely before the potential backlash. Now the previous message is perfectly how you should be thinking. 1) I have an idea but a little unsure how to fix something, 2) detail the problem in the forum and ask for advice, 3) take advice, try it and do some more thinking yourself before coming back to the forum with the same bot. I always make it clear that I am nowhere near being one of the big boys yet but try to help where/when I can, I've had plenty of help from traders on here myself!

Not really used automation enough to give a solid answer, mainly use Excel myself, but yes attach the file and I will gladly have a look over it tonight or I'm sure some more knowledgeable automaters would take a look too. :D
mbbets

Here is the file. Remember it is only a beta, so if anyone here uses it its on your own risk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”