Help with automation rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
geoffrey1928

Hi, I am returning to BetAngel, after a few years out of trading (looking after parents and setting up new business). I am testing out a strategy at the moment, collecting lots of data, want to eventually set it up as automation for BetAngel, can anyone help me please?

Eventually we will be picking around 5/6 races a day, we will be looking at one specific horse in each race (it will be in the top three of betting, but not necessarily the favourite, or 2nd favourite.

We will look to enter the market at 12 minutes before race (this time may well change, as we haven't finished testing yet).

We will look to place a back bet of (initially 20 pound) at 12 minutes before off.

We then hope to make a 20% ROI profit.

Hopefully this will be made before race starts, but we do not want to go any longer than 15 seconds into race.

We will have a 25% stop loss trade go in, but this trade should not be placed until at least 5 seconds into race, no earlier.

If anyone can help me with this, thank you!
Dallas

This file will get you started
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14657

You'll just need to adjust the times you want it to trigger and place the back bet.
Then on the parameters tab, you can adjust the stake used and in the 'Global settings' area in the bottom half of the window use;
'Offset bet with greening and stop'
and set this as 20% and 25% respectively

You'll then just need to click the green plus icon and add a 'Keep all unmatched bets rule' and arm it to trigger just before going in play

Then add a 'green all selections' rule and arm it for 15sec after going in play (it will then green you up if the offset green up or stop from above were not triggered
one above didn't)

That will do it
geoffrey1928

Thank you Dallas, will get straight onto that.
geoffrey1928

For placing the 20% and 25%, it says stop trigger to be placed at ? %
Have attached jpg
jpegba.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geoffrey1928

It also asked me for offset batches.
Dallas

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:52 pm
For placing the 20% and 25%, it says stop trigger to be placed at ? %
Have attached jpgjpegba.jpg
It's better to place your bet a few ticks further away to allow for sudden price spikes
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11746

Offset Batches can be ignored for what you're doing
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/offset_batches.html
geoffrey1928

If anyone can view the attached automation rule and add/delete anything that is wrong. I want to get into writing automation rules in the near future, but at the moment I really need to get this automation rule sorted so we can check out a strategy.

Dallas, I REALLY appreciate what you are doing, I felt bad coming back and asking....
pacesetters#1.baf
Basically I want to place a bet (initially say £20) on a specific horse, it may or not be 1st, 2nd fav, the bet should be placed at 12 minutes before the off.

If at anytime the horse gets a 20% profit (limit 15 seconds after the off) then green up.

If the horse gets more than a 25% loss, then stop (this should only be triggered 5 seconds after the race is in play).

If neither loss or profit is triggered, then whatever the figure is 15 seconds after off, there should be an automatic green/red up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:03 am
If anyone can view the attached automation rule and add/delete anything that is wrong. I want to get into writing automation rules in the near future, but at the moment I really need to get this automation rule sorted so we can check out a strategy.

Dallas, I REALLY appreciate what you are doing, I felt bad coming back and asking....

pacesetters#1.baf

Basically I want to place a bet (initially say £20) on a specific horse, it may or not be 1st, 2nd fav, the bet should be placed at 12 minutes before the off.

If at anytime the horse gets a 20% profit (limit 15 seconds after the off) then green up.

If the horse gets more than a 25% loss, then stop (this should only be triggered 5 seconds after the race is in play).

If neither loss or profit is triggered, then whatever the figure is 15 seconds after off, there should be an automatic green/red up.
Here you go, this should do exactly what you've asked for in your OP

Just one thing to consider if it hasn't greened within 15 secs of going IP then it will only
A) green up at -£5 (25%) loss
B) win if selection wins race

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”