Back bet only partly matched - how can I guarantee it is fully matched?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Henry1963

Slowly I am getting my automation rule to run really well, someone else wrote it for me and others, with particular reference to the fantastic Dallas have been of great help.

Today a horse was only partly matched with the back bet, then was hit after a while with the full lay bet, luckily I was watching and was able to correct it, why was this back bet only partly met? What can I add/change to the rule so that my back bets are always guaranteed to be fully met?
qqq.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

You can't guarantee it. If nobody wants to lay your back bet then you can't magic up customers who want to. The thing with trading is that if you want to establish or close a position you need to find someone else who has the opposite opinion.
Henry1963

Yes, but isn't a case that no one wants to lay the price I am offering, so I offer a lower price? So a new order for a lower price then goes in. I just want to to know why this horse was only partly backed, I can understand if it's price was 1,000....
Henry1963

qqq.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Did it win? Perhaps that's why your back bet was only partially filled.

Do your rules cancel unmatched bets and then request a different price?
ANGELS15

Henry1963 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:44 pm
Slowly I am getting my automation rule to run really well, someone else wrote it for me and others, with particular reference to the fantastic Dallas have been of great help.

Today a horse was only partly matched with the back bet, then was hit after a while with the full lay bet, luckily I was watching and was able to correct it, why was this back bet only partly met? What can I add/change to the rule so that my back bets are always guaranteed to be fully met?

qqq.png
You can go to the parameters tab in the rules file, select custom ticks below best market price, try setting it at 1/2 ticks below best market price this should put you near the front of the queue to be matched.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”