Football Pre-Game Strategy

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
nicksim80

Hi,

Hoping somebody can assist.

I've been doing a trial on Bet Angel and for the most part I am impressed with the software, however I'm having difficulties applying my strategies to the full extent.

This is what I am trying to achieve:

Let's say I want to place a Back Bet on the MATCH ODDS market for specific leagues in Soccer... EPL, Championship, League 1, Serie A, La Liga... etc

However, each league has different rules settings. For example:

BACK BETS:
EPL: Back Home Team when odds are between 1.5 - 2.0
Serie A: Back Away team when odds are between 2.0 - 2.5
La Liga: Back Home Favourite when odds are 1.0 - 1.5
Championship: Back Underdog when odds are 3.0 - 3.5

I'd like to trigger these say 5mins before the start of the event.

I can create Automation rules for the above that seem to work ok and all seems achieveable.

However, let's say I have an arbirtary constant value that I set for each league. That determines whether I should place the above BACK BETS or not. For example:

EPL: Value = 0.5 this week and changes to Value = 0.4 next week. I control this value with my data analysis and it changes after each match/week.

I'd like to set Guardian (or Excel) to only place the above Back Bets if say the value is above above 0.45. So for EPL it would place the back bets this week, but not next week,

What is the best way to create the above strategy? Where do I put this constant in Guardian automation?

If I do this in excel, then I need to create a sheet for every game in those leagues for the weekend. And if there are 50 games that weekend then do I need 50 sheets? Then I guess I will need a lot of lookup tables to seperate the teams in to their specific leagues and use the correct lookups.

Is there a more efficient way of doing this rather than having 50 Excel sheets and lots of lookups?

Hope somebody has done this before.

Cheers,
Nick
ShaunWhite

You can set 'stored values' for a selection, a market and they recently added them at event level. But as far as I know they didn't make it the full set and have global variables too for some reason.

I actually asked for this in Jan 2017 because when you're setting up automation your first thought is, 'where do I declare my constants?'
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:54 am
Can I suggest a Guardian tweak....Selection signals, Market signals.....Global signals.
The only useful advise I can give you is that .baf files are just plain text so you might be able to do some sort of find/replace on your parameter. Obviously keep a backup of the original version and be wary of changing things you don't want changed. If you had values like 3.9999 rather than '4' it might make that find/replace a bit safer?

Maybe Dallas has a cunning plan about how to do this ?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”