Automatic market uploading to Guardian?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sa7med

I use Pulovers Macro Creator (freeware) to create Autohotkey scripts (easier than trying to write them), and it works quite well. Unfortunately you can't run the scripts without being logged in to VPS, or at least I haven't figured out how.
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:10 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 am

It seems like we are slowly getting there :) But … I have no idea what this is! :shock: Can you point me in the right direction to find out more.
Have a look here

https://www.autohotkey.com/

Personally I use auto-it at work, can be very powerful, but you will get similar results from both.
A quick search on the forum and help files should get you there quickly. It's just an automated key press on a schedule
autohotkey looks very powerful but simple to use. thanks for the link, will definitely have a use for this.

I haven't used it in years, as I mentioned I now use Auto-it. I believe both started off very similar and one forked from the other.
AutoHotKey used to be the easier option to learn and I believe they used to have a macro recorder so you could easily set up anything repetitive in a few clicks.
Control clicking is preferable to mouse co-ord clicking as Windows position/state is irrelevant - assuming you can get the control info.

Auti-It scripting is BASIC based and you can do some very powerful stuff addressing Windows and Controls, IE functions etc Web scraping is very possible if you can script
firlandsfarm

sniffer66 wrote:
Have a look here

Personally I use auto-it at work, can be very powerful, but you will get similar results from both.
A quick search on the forum and help files should get you there quickly. It's just an automated key press on a schedule
Thanks Sniffer, I'll have a read … I guess as the name suggests it automatically simulates a key press to a determined schedule as if you had pressed the key yourself at the scheduled time. :)
sniffer66

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:45 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Have a look here

Thanks Sniffer, I'll have a read … I guess as the name suggests it automatically simulates a key press to a determined schedule as if you had pressed the key yourself at the scheduled time. :)
No problem.

Yes, at it's most basic. You can do some pretty complex stuff for any thing repetitive. Back in the day, when I used to poker bot we used it as the control program for our AI - opening multi site windows, resizing them. logging in and out, placing bets etc. Had scripts running to 1000's of lines. I miss those days :(
firlandsfarm

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 am
Yes, at it's most basic. You can do some pretty complex stuff for any thing repetitive. Back in the day, when I used to poker bot we used it as the control program for our AI - opening multi site windows, resizing them. logging in and out, placing bets etc. Had scripts running to 1000's of lines. I miss those days :(
This could be the Holy Grail I was seeking years ago but could not find a solution for (and nobody could give me the answer) and that is when I am looking for selections for 'normal' bets in the morning I want my database open with multiple views sized and positioned within it's window, browser windows open for Oddschecker and Betfair and a spreadsheet open all positioned and sized to fit which frankly was a pain every morning but I am getting the impression that using something like HotKey everything can be launched, sized and positioned at the press of a button. If that's correct then that sounds wonderful.
sniffer66

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:16 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 am
This could be the Holy Grail I was seeking years ago but could not find a solution for (and nobody could give me the answer) and that is when I am looking for selections for 'normal' bets in the morning I want my database open with multiple views sized and positioned within it's window, browser windows open for Oddschecker and Betfair and a spreadsheet open all positioned and sized to fit which frankly was a pain every morning but I am getting the impression that using something like HotKey everything can be launched, sized and positioned at the press of a button. If that's correct then that sounds wonderful.
I can't speak definitively for AutoHotKey but you can definitely do all that in Auto-It. I do Systems Management in IT and we use it to manage non interactive wallboards to display alerts etc - drop a script in startup that launches all the apps\browsers, sizes them as required then loops through at a set interval, refreshing data as needed
Ideal for a morning startup as you detailed above :)

If you wanted to get really clever you can even scrape data from Oddschecker etc and drop into a file - something I'm working on myself at the moment
firlandsfarm

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am
If you wanted to get really clever you can even scrape data from Oddschecker etc and drop into a file - something I'm working on myself at the moment
Scrape data, now that's something I could be really interested in. I've tried some of the 'scrapers' that are available but I find them too darn complicated for what I want … I just want to follow some links and flat scrape as I go, I know the data is scrapeable because I can Copy it manually but whenever I have tried to use (so claimed intelligent) software I just can't get it to work. :(

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”