Automation Rolling bets

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
m4rkwatson

Hi, is it possible to set up automation to roll bets?

For example, if I've identified a strategy where horse 1 wins more often to give me an edge, is it possible to set an automation to trigger when horse 1 wins for the first time and then keep backing horse 1 in subsequent races until a pre-determined limit. I was hoping that the system would be able to determine when horse 1 has first won without me staking but I'm guessing I'd have to put a minimal bet on all races to get a trigger. So for example the sequence would go like:

Step 1 - Bet £2 on horse 1 to win at SP
Step 2 - If horse 1 wins, then stake £20 on horse 1 to win the next race at SP
Step 3 - If horse one wins again then stake all the profit and initial £20 stake on horse 1 to win the next race at SP, or if it loses revert back to Step 1
And so on until a predetermined end, after x amount of races.

I currently do this manually (without Step 1 as I just observe when horse 1 has won for the first time in the run and save myself the £2), and whilst it's fairly profitable, it takes up a lot of time to do it.

Thanks in advance
ShaunWhite

It's only possible to automate it via excel rather than by using Guardian and for good reason. Your stake should be determined by your confidence in the available value (Eg using Kelly) and not by what happened in the past. When you're looking at the result of the previous selection I assume you mean a race a few minutes ago, would you use the same logic if that race was a year ago? How is the first outcome altering your assessment of the value of the second outcome? (wiki Gamblers Falacy)

What you're describing is basically an accumulator but because you're paying commission on each leg then you're going to struggle to get value.

This type of thing falls into the category of too simple to work, people new to betting forget that millions of the sharpest minds have been doing this for centuries, if simply stringing bets together magically made more profit then everyone would be doing it.
m4rkwatson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 am
It's only possible to automate it via excel rather than by using Guardian and for good reason. Your stake should be determined by your confidence in the available value (Eg using Kelly) and not by what happened in the past. When you're looking at the result of the previous selection I assume you mean a race a few minutes ago, would you use the same logic if that race was a year ago? How is the first outcome altering your assessment of the value of the second outcome? (wiki Gamblers Falacy)

What you're describing is basically an accumulator but because you're paying commission on each leg then you're going to struggle to get value.

This type of thing falls into the category of too simple to work, people new to betting forget that millions of the sharpest minds have been doing this for centuries, if simply stringing bets together magically made more profit then everyone would be doing it.
Thanks for your reply, I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this, but my uninformed view is that an edge is an edge regardless of whether it fits into others' views of how the market should be used, or how pure the edge is, or even (and I know this is heresey on here): value. There are a zillion ways to make profit, and I've found a blanket method that doesn't care about form, age, favouritism, time of year, star sign of horse, course, race length, grade, etc - and I've spent a lot of time retro-fitting it back (with great help from some of the contributors on here) to 2007/8, and it works, and it just so happens that the previous race dictates whether it works or not, within certain criteria, and it allows for losses because it makes more than it loses in the end, and if its based upon which horse has the longest ears, and the value isn't maximised, and it's everything that the Bet Angel forum says it shouldn't be, but works in the end for every single year that there has been data available to retro-fit, then so what?

After 10 years of trialling systems across different sports, and moving from a naive novice into a furrowed browed veteran, I have not only recovered all of my BF losses over the 15+ years of having a BF account but I've moved it into PC territory in the last 6 months, which is also around the amount of time I've been using this system. I appreciate the advice, and believe me I've asked myself the same questions repeatedly, but all 12 years of available evidence I have says that it works, so what I need is something that can move the manual sequences into automation so that I can gain some of my time back.
archlor

Just wondering if you found anything that can do as you mentioned above?
megarain

and if its based upon which horse has the longest ears
I kid u not, I used to know an on-course bookie who would use this as a guide.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”