help with simple automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sloanie

Hi. I was wondering if someone could help with automation - I'm relatively new to it, been trading for a number of years. I basically need help with the "if" part of my automation rule, I have the basics in place. The first part In the rule section I want is - only carry out the trade "if" the lay on the fav - which I have in postion 1 (sorted in order of favouritism) is priced at 3.5 or under. I am backing certain other runners in order of favouritism and I have that rule in place, but I need the first part to control the whole rule I have set up ie if the fav is over 3.5 then we move on to the next race I have selected.
Dallas

You can use the 'Fixed odds Condition' to test the price of any other runner.

ie, use the 'nominated box and set it to order of favourtism 1'
and set the price it must be greater or less than
sloanie

Thanks. I will have a look at that 👍
ShaunWhite

sloanie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:59 pm
Thanks. I will have a look at that 👍
Or you could set up a new rule at the top of your rules which just sets a stored value, using the Fixed Odds Condition as Dallas suggested (perhap setting a stored value called RuleActive = 1). And then have the individual rules which place bets made conditional on that stored value being set to 1.

That way if you want to change your 3.5 to something else you only have to change it in one place rather than potentially in several.
sloanie

Thanks guys will have a look at the weekend. I have a couple of conditions that have to be met before any trades can be opened. If I can get the first one to work I imagine I could follow suit with the others prioritising from the top down
sloanie

Hi everyone. Is there anywhere I can look at loads more videos on automation on BetAngel as that seems to be how I learn and absorb the info? I think I have looked at all the videos on the site - is there a dedicated link on youtube for Automation?
Anbell

I don;t think there's a dedicated Automation channel.

IMHO, videos can only help you understand what might be possible. At some point you have to jump in and just try to write the files and test the strategies!

Good luck
Jukebox

sloanie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 am
Hi everyone. Is there anywhere I can look at loads more videos on automation on BetAngel as that seems to be how I learn and absorb the info? I think I have looked at all the videos on the site - is there a dedicated link on youtube for Automation?
How about BA's free course

https://online.betangelacademy.com/cour ... automation

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”