By Liability - Back Problem

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
buyshirts

Hi
i'm having problem with By Liability - Back (a costly one!)
So i'm betting pre-offer into a market that should not go into running and i want to back to win fixed amount these are the settings i'm using in the automation
General tab - Place Back Bet
Parameters tab - By Liability (Back & Lay)
This is where my problem is on the conditions stop me backing at false prices,
i used Fixed odds condition Back price > 1.5 ( i thought this would of protected me from backing down at sill low prices alas this has not done the job for me).
As i alluded to earlier i had a problem where on a dogs race Betfair suspended to early then reopened the market (im not sure if they placed it in running or just straight opened it) and i'm guessing they opened the market and i've backed all the field and some a low as 1.05!
Any help would be much appreicated
Dallas

Can you post a screenshot of your 'General' tab from the rules editor and the log for that market?
buyshirts

I have added some screen shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

What price are you trying to take ?
From the log it looks like your going for 2nd or 3rd best back price.
So if the best price is 1.51 but the 2nd is 1.05 Your Fooked.
buyshirts

So i am trying to take to sit above the market price.
I thought by putting the price >1.5 it wouldn't trying and back if the price was lower than that
buyshirts

So i backing custom ticks above the best price reverse market price
Dabbla

If the conditions are correct then BA will bet where you tell it to.

Looking at the log You have placed £1000 back bet on T1 at 1.05 but actually been matched at 1.274063
Having a number like 1.274063 suggest that you have taken multiple prices down to 1.05.
Which is why I question Your bet placement.

Double check where your bets are being placed.
I would also add a unsuspended condition just to give your automation time to breath after a suspension.
Maybe some data has spilled over from before the suspension and caused it to glitch out.

Im sure Dallas will crack it.
Dallas

buyshirts wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:16 pm
So i backing custom ticks above the best price reverse market price
How many ticks above the reverse price were you placing the bet at?
buyshirts

4 ticks
Dallas

buyshirts wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:45 pm
4 ticks
I suspect when your rule triggered the back price was above 1.5 as per your condition
But there was no back bet money being offered at any price (ie, no money to lay against so no reverse market price)

So with no money in that column the bet has been placed 4 ticks above 1.01

Then as Dabbla said its matched your stake against everything upwards giving the average matched price of 1.27
buyshirts

Dubbla suggested putting in the unsuspend rule (which seems right)do you have any other suggestions?
Also should the rule saying back >1.5 not protect me from this happening?
Dallas

buyshirts wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 pm
Dubbla suggested putting in the unsuspend rule (which seems right)do you have any other suggestions?
Also should the rule saying back >1.5 not protect me from this happening?
Yes a time since unsuspended rule that would give the market chance to reform, even if just a few seconds in Greyhounds
In Football automation people placing a bet/trading out after a goal always use it for this very reason (but use around 60secs)

The back price will of been above 1.50 to satisfy the condition, but with no lay price to place the bet 4 ticks above its used 1.01 (i'd need to test it to be 100% sure but when I asked the question of how many ticks you used It was because i already suspected that was the reason and if you'd said 4 then it would almost certainly confirm it).
buyshirts

Are you saying that in this case for some reason the Back >1.5 has not worked?

I don't see how it can have because on the log it shows £1000 @ 1.05 (which is to win the correct amount) even though it matched at various prices
Dallas

buyshirts wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Are you saying that in this case for some reason the Back >1.5 has not worked?

I don't see how it can have because on the log it shows £1000 @ 1.05 (which is to win the correct amount) even though it matched at various prices
The condition has worked and the back price will of been above 1.5 to satisfy it, but if there is no back bets being offered so no lay money then I suspect it has taken 1.01 as the lay price, 4 ticks above is 1.05
buyshirts

Thanks for clearing that up.
So that condition does not help me in the slightest.
This leads me to this is there a condition that will stop bets going in at a minimum price then?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”