Running More Then 1 Rules File

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leewillo75

Ive really started getting into automating a lot of my set n forget football systems on the match odds market

However one quick question, is there anyway you can run more then 1 rules file on the same market

So say for example i dont know in my systems say Arsenal V Leicester to tonight and I have one rule file backing the home at a certain price and one rule file laying the draw at a certain price.

Is there anyway I can add the same market to guardian again so I can run both rules files.

At the moment having to open numerous windows of guardian and it isnt ideal

Or can I used stored value or worse case scenario excel sheets with a bit of VBA

Appreciate anyone who can help me

Thanks

Lee
Last edited by leewillo75 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Royle

just open up bet angel on a different device your not limited to running it just the once at any given time
jamesg46

If you have multiple rules for the same market then can you not just put them all in one file?

You can have a back bet rule, a lay bet rule, a green all rule etc etc... I can't see why it wouldn't work.
the4droogs

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm
If you have multiple rules for the same market then can you not just put them all in one file?

You can have a back bet rule, a lay bet rule, a green all rule etc etc... I can't see why it wouldn't work.
There are definitely situations where this would not work. Most of my automation relies on testing the state of the market rather than locally stored values when possible. For example, my bot might switch from the back phase to the lay phase of it's work based on an "amount of matched bets" condition.

Trying to squeeze two bots that are backing and laying into the same rules file would throw this out completely.
ShaunWhite

Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:36 pm
just open up bet angel on a different device your not limited to running it just the once at any given time
Or on the same device, as many instances as you want.
leewillo75

thanks for all your replies, clearly looks like more then one guardian window is going to have to be opened

Time to get my backside in gear and purchase the VPS
firlandsfarm

As the guys have said you can have many devices, each with many installs and many instances of each install BUT … when running multiple rules files on the same market you have to remember that the various rules are not mutually exclusive. The actions are applied per Betfair account, not per instance/install or device running BA. For example if one rule says "Close all unmatched bets if [this condition] exists" then it will close all unmatched bets in that market unless you are able to very clearly define which unmatched bets are to be closed. The subject was lightly touched upon recently here and may develop further but you will find plenty of other comments elsewhere.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”