monitor a drift trend through the day

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
beermonsterman

Hi guys i have built a set of Pre race automation rules that I have been working with some time now and have been tweaking here and their and was wondering if any of you guys would know the best way to monitor the market through out the day up to 10 mins before the off
in a nut shell what i want is a set of rules or signals that will look out for a drift trend and so my automation will not trigger if their has been a drift through out the day
i pick my races then the horse i want to trade and only let my automation trigger if it has remained strong and not drifted
i hope i make sense im not the best at describing things on a good day :roll:
Thank you in advance.
ShaunWhite

First job is to define 'drift'.
Over what time period?
And quantified by ticks, odds difference or change in implied chance either as a fixed amount or as a percentage of the initial price?
Same formula for a horse at 1.5 one at 5.0?
How long should prices persist? (Eg a spike isn't a drift even if you happened to test the prices at that moment.)
Would a shortening followed by a drift count?

... I think you get the idea. Once you know what 'drift' is then translating that into rules gets a lot easier. There won't be one answer to that because it's a bit subjective.
beermonsterman

I see yes i thought it would be a bit difficult to put into words i guess from 10 am to 10 mins before the off so the price at 10 am would be the determination price so if say 10 am the price is x then 10 mins before the off it was <x by 10 ticks then i would trigger the automation but lets say its >x by 10 ticks at 10 mins prior i would not let the automation trigger in my set of rules it looks for a pattern before it triggers but i would like to add some extra support to that rule i like to trade horses that can hold their own up until the off but being at work i love to do automation to strengthen my soon to be edge.
Thank you for your reply i appreciate any kind of feed back as its learning all the same
If i make no sense then that just means im still too novice to automation.
i think stored values is the way but is that over kill for what i want ?
Thanks again this Forum is the dogs credentials some real interesting people and reads .
decomez6

beermonsterman wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:13 pm

If i make no sense then that just means im still too novice to automation.
i think stored values is the way but is that over kill for what i want ?
Thanks again this Forum is the dogs credentials some real interesting people and reads .
choose from this list .pick and choose / mix and match.
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... &t=11238
ShaunWhite

beermonsterman wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:13 pm
I see yes i thought it would be a bit difficult to put into words .
And even harder to put into concrete rules. :D
My question was rhetorical, I didn't need to hear the details but quite often the lightbulb moments happen when you flip between the 3 different methods of contemplating something. Internal dialog, verbal expression and written description all make different parts of your grey matter work. Those parts do a bit of internal reconciliation and before you know it it's crystal.
beermonsterman

Thank you guys you make perfect sense
my pre race trading manually (cold trading ) the markets that believe will swing trade i do really well at but i want to put that skill into automation which im starting to believe will never be possible but i try all the same and if im correct the bookie not being at the track side is really weird right now pre race and inplay the market is doing its own shit strange if you ask me anyone else experiencing this or is it just me :?:
beermonsterman

I think i have the answer finally using rule type historic relative odds condition with signals for increment and decrement values using this it will be same as following the price up or down from a starting point so when their is 10k volume it will start to count price action and when the price moves in say 10 ticks that will equal 10 on the decrement side and vice versa for a drift and so automation will trigger when the conditions are met for where i want the price to be as in not spent the day drifting .
any thoughts you guys ?
:geek:
beermonsterman

And so the ever long road continues on and on and on :roll:
4 years trading now for me and i still have some miles left to go before i get to the light
working life slows the process down but shal i give up :shock:
Hell no i love it way too much :mrgreen:
beermonsterman

Can any of you guys recommend a good place to start learning excel other than you tube or college ? i have basic knowledge but i would love to be able to learn coding/ VBA /web scraping.
wearthefoxhat

beermonsterman wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 am
Can any of you guys recommend a good place to start learning excel other than you tube or college ? i have basic knowledge but i would love to be able to learn coding/ VBA /web scraping.
This one will get you started. (free).

I created an account by linking one of my google emails to have a look around.

https://www.automateexcel.com/learn-vba-tutorial/
sionascaig

beermonsterman wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:09 pm
I think i have the answer finally using rule type historic relative odds condition with signals for increment and decrement values using this it will be same as following the price up or down from a starting point so when their is 10k volume it will start to count price action and when the price moves in say 10 ticks that will equal 10 on the decrement side and vice versa for a drift and so automation will trigger when the conditions are met for where i want the price to be as in not spent the day drifting .
any thoughts you guys ?
Dallas posted a directional scalp bot some time ago in the shared automation files... You might be able to use some of the logic - its a starter anyway... viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12610

e.g.

"The bot monitors all the front runners below 10.0 and uses several ‘Historic Relative Odds Conditions’ to look for when the odds for a runner are showing a drifting directional bias. For the bot to trigger the odds have too of drifted
6 ticks in last 3 mins
3 ticks in last 1 min
1 tick in last 10 secs"
beermonsterman

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 am
beermonsterman wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 am
This one will get you started. (free).

I created an account by linking one of my google emails to have a look around.

https://www.automateexcel.com/learn-vba-tutorial/
Excellent just what i was looking for thanks very much
beermonsterman

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am
beermonsterman wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:09 pm
any thoughts you guys ?
Dallas posted a directional scalp bot some time ago in the shared automation files... You might be able to use some of the logic - its a starter anyway... viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12610

e.g.

"The bot monitors all the front runners below 10.0 and uses several ‘Historic Relative Odds Conditions’ to look for when the odds for a runner are showing a drifting directional bias. For the bot to trigger the odds have too of drifted
6 ticks in last 3 mins
3 ticks in last 1 min
1 tick in last 10 secs"
Nice one sionascaig this has helped
firlandsfarm

I've always found converting a manual process into an automation file can be very difficult. There are little things your brain processes without you realising such as "Hmmm, yes the process says GO but I'm not sure I like …". The first BOT I used was written for me and the coder asked me to write down everything I did that day and, more importantly, why I did it. And he didn't accept "... I'm not sure I like …", there had to be a hard reason. It was very difficult and took longer than a day to process all the gut instincts but it helped me to firm up on and fully understand what I was doing. That was before the computing facilities we have now. Now I just record the screen and my commentary and play them back after. Good luck.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”