Guardian maximum refresh rate and betfair charges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
the4droogs

I've recently discovered that I can set "Use Exchange Streaming" and that allows me to reduce the refresh time between markets in Guardian from 200 ms to 20 ms. I believe my automation would be helped by this faster refresh rate. If I use this maximum refresh rate:

1. Am I likely to incur a data usage charge?
2. If so, Approximately what do betfair charge for data?
3. If not, would I be able to get away with running 2 instances of BA/Guardian each with the max refresh rate ? :D
Dallas

There are no charges for using streaming, Betfair actually prefere people to use it as it puts less strain on there servers.

I often have serveral instances of BA running each with 100s of markets in Guardian all refreshing at 20ms
the4droogs

Great to know. I no longer need to be hesitant in this regard.
ShaunWhite

the4droogs wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:58 pm
No data charges but there are transaction charges if you exceed 1000/hr (5000/hr from 1st Sept)
the4droogs

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm
the4droogs wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:58 pm
No data charges but there are transaction charges if you exceed 1000/hr (5000/hr from 1st Sept)
Thanks for letting me know. Does this include streaming? Or does it only apply to polling.
ShaunWhite

the4droogs wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm
Thanks for letting me know. Does this include streaming? Or does it only apply to polling.
"Streaming" and "polling" refer to methods of receiving market data, you either have it thrown at you anytime anything changes (streaming) or you request updates periodically (polling). Order submission and anything else to do with your bets is a seperate mechanism(ish) and not something you can change.

More on charges....the only thing not clearly explained is that if you place a trade and then cancel it, it counts as two. And if you're betting below min stakes, then placing a trade counts as two due to the way BA manages to get around the min bet constraint (placing a bet >min stake and then editting it). On the plus side any commission you generate is offset against your transaction costs, generate £10 and that buys you 1000 'free' trades (1p each) which can be used at anytiome you exceed the 1000/hr. From 1st Sept the limit will be 5000/hr and 0.2p per transaction over that, same deal with commission allowed against your transaction charges.

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair ... anCharges2
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

More on charges....the only thing not clearly explained is that if you place a trade and then cancel it, it counts as two.
I've been wondering about this specific point. Becuase manually cancelling a bet on either the one-click screen or the ladder doesn't increment the Bet Angel transaction counter. I've read the Betfair terms on transaction charges but find this point a bit ambiguous. What about a fill or kill order?

Regards
Dallas

AngelsWithDirtyFaces wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:48 pm
More on charges....the only thing not clearly explained is that if you place a trade and then cancel it, it counts as two.
I've been wondering about this specific point. Becuase manually cancelling a bet on either the one-click screen or the ladder doesn't increment the Bet Angel transaction counter. I've read the Betfair terms on transaction charges but find this point a bit ambiguous. What about a fill or kill order?

Regards
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378
AngelsWithDirtyFaces

Thanks Dallas

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”