Backing a horse at well above BSP help

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
spanishstar

Hi All

Have been getting to grips with some simple automations but for whatever reason my attempt for this idea failed dismally.

I am looking to set a price to back a horse or let's say tennis player 'in play' at a much higher price than when they started. Looking at about twice their Betfair starting price (for horses) / price at start of match for tennis players.

Plan would be then to set the big price in the hope to hit it and from that point set up a second rule with greening (x number of ticks lower than matched price). If it is not hit then of course no bet.

Would appreciate any advice how to exactly do this.

Thanks
SS
Dallas

This should help, you need to use stored values to identify the ticks/percent above SP you want, this example does that but the bets it places are the reverse of what you want
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=18727

So it just needs lay bet rule turning into a back bet rule, (and the original back bet rule can be deleted)
spanishstar

Thank you Dallas for taking the time to reply and point me in the right direction.

Quick question - doing the switch from lay to back at >100% above BSP I get - I assume I need switch the back bet <25% to lay if I then wanted to lay it back assuming it went back in the desired direction? Also would it be set to back first and then lay back or could it work the other way, lay first and then back. Not sure if I'm making sense but hopefully!

Much appreciated.
Dallas

spanishstar wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:25 am
Thank you Dallas for taking the time to reply and point me in the right direction.

Quick question - doing the switch from lay to back at >100% above BSP I get - I assume I need switch the back bet <25% to lay if I then wanted to lay it back assuming it went back in the desired direction? Also would it be set to back first and then lay back or could it work the other way, lay first and then back. Not sure if I'm making sense but hopefully!

Much appreciated.
Actually scrap that whole reply of mine above I must of been half asleep when I replied :oops: , its actually very straight forward what you want to do.

On the Parameters tab of your back bet rule for 'Place at' use
Custom % above Actual SP

Or if laying use
Custom % below Actual SP

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/pla ... ters_.html

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”