Signal from Market 1 to trigger bet in Market 2

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
firlandsfarm

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:23 pm
Well I guess I might as well just come out with it because we all know who has the answer … Hi Dallas :)

From what I can see in all your examples of sharing SV's around Markets within the same Event you always use the SV option of "the Event" but what happens if you use the other options such as "the Current Selection" or "the Market" and 'tick' Shared? I'm asking because I can't get it to work for a field of runners where I want to set an SV for each runner in one market and use that SV in connection with the same runner in another market … do I have to have an individual SV for each runner in the first market (maybe 40 rules!) and likewise another maybe 40 rules in the second market to create the link? I can do that but it's an awful lot of rules! :)

If I do can you explain when you would use the Shared option for "the Current Selection", "a Nominated Selection" and "the Market" options. I've tried to do it using both "ANY selection" and "EVERY selection" in the General tab but keep getting "invalid value" errors. :(
May I bump this one please. Just to confirm what I am trying to do …

Take an Event with a Market_A and a Market_B. Within those Markets you have say Selection_1, Selection_2 and Selection_3. I want to share an SV calculated for each of the three selections in Market_A and applied those shared SV's with them in Market_B selection by selection but I keep getting "Second value invalid". I'm not sure what the "second value" is but here is a sample extract from the logs …

Market_A:
17/09/2020 15:04:50: [G_Auto] : Store Value (Shared) for Selection_1: Market_A.sv = 3.85 - 1 = 2.85

Market_B:
17/09/2020 15:04:50: [G_Auto] : Store Value (Shared) for Selection_1: Market_B.sv = 1.8 - 1 = 0.8
17/09/2020 15:04:50: [G_Auto] : Unable to : Store: 'CombinedCalc.sv' for current selection. Second value invalid.

Where "CombinedCalc.sv" is …
StoredValues.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

When storing a value on a selection/market the 'shared' option allows it to be passed to other rules, servants, one-click, ladder etc for that market.

The only way to pass information between markets is to store the value on the 'Event', think of it as the top level.

So for what you want you'll need a rule for each ie,
Win market
SV for row 1 on the event

Place market

Then add those two together,

and repeat that as you say for upto 40 runners

Before you do though it can get complicated with Win and Place markets in that the row order and certainly the fav order don't always match so there's no easy way of comparing the same runner from each market. We have been looking at ways to simplify this, ie, store the name of a selection on an event which can then be looked up/ tested against the same name in another market.
firlandsfarm

Thanks for picking this one up Dallas.
Dallas wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:11 pm
The only way to pass information between markets is to store the value on the 'Event', think of it as the top level.
Yes that's what I was finding so what does the "Share" option do when used with the Current Selection, Nominated Selection or Market options?
Dallas wrote:
So for what you want you'll need a rule for each ie,
Win market

Place market

Before you do though it can get complicated with Win and Place markets in that the row order and certainly the fav order don't always match so there's no easy way of comparing the same runner from each market. We have been looking at ways to simplify this, ie, store the name of a selection on an event which can then be looked up/ tested against the same name in another market.
Yeah I was hoping to be able to use Sharing to avoid having all those rules and I agree the variances in the list orders makes it unworkable … again I was hoping Current Selection might overcome that. as a solution how about an option to freeze the order of the selection in alphabetical order?

I can achieve what I want using Excel and the vlookup() function, I just thought to keep it all within Guardian would be tidier. :) Oh well, carry on and wait to see what the future brings. Again, thanks for your input.
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:46 pm
Thanks for picking this one up Dallas.
Dallas wrote:
Yes that's what I was finding so what does the "Share" option do when used with the Current Selection, Nominated Selection or Market options?
When storing a value on a selection/market the 'shared' option allows it to be passed to other rules, servants, one-click, ladder etc for that market.
firlandsfarm

Ahhh, OK, didn't realise the difference. So for Current Selection, Nominated Selection and Market it is only shared within that Market but for Event it is shared around other markets for the same Event. Got it, thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”