Drip feeding

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
warren0

Hi all,

I've had a play around and can't seem to figure something out.

I've got a back bet that goes in at the start of an event and I'm trying to then place back bets in the market, say every 10 ticks as the price rises.

I had a go at using Custom Ticks above Actual SP but that's not working.

If anyone has any suggestions they'd be welcome.

Thanks
jimibt

warren0 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:32 pm
Hi all,

I've had a play around and can't seem to figure something out.

I've got a back bet that goes in at the start of an event and I'm trying to then place back bets in the market, say every 10 ticks as the price rises.

I had a go at using Custom Ticks above Actual SP but that's not working.

If anyone has any suggestions they'd be welcome.

Thanks
try Custom Ticks above Best Market Price...
warren0

Would that track from that initial bet at the start of the event, that sounds like it would track up with the best market price?

And if you wanted multiple points above it, would you just set them at increasing tick levels e.g. 10 above best market price, (next one) 20 above..., 30 above... etc.

Thanks
jimibt

warren0 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:17 pm
Would that track from that initial bet at the start of the event, that sounds like it would track up with the best market price?

And if you wanted multiple points above it, would you just set them at increasing tick levels e.g. 10 above best market price, (next one) 20 above..., 30 above... etc.

Thanks
if you are drip feeding in *real time*, then as the market price increases, your offset (say for example 5 ticks) will be increasing in line with the market. the way I'd approach this woould be to setup a rule that places a bet x ticks above the best market price and have it cycle on a refresh of say 120 seconds. at that point, test to see if the bet has been matched and if so, trigger the next bet and so on for as many bet triggers as your rule has.

I used to have a similar type rule based on the 0-0 market which I'd lay from after half time. I'd then place the bets on at 6 ticks below best lay price until i had reached a total liability of £xxx (i.e. this could be 5 bets split into £xx based increments)

hope this makes sense ;)
warren0

Sorry jimibt I was lost at the cycle every 120 seconds portion.

Are you saying set the rule to trigger say 10 times, to wait 120 seconds, for example, before rearming? Would this then retain that initial best market price to add the custom number of ticks onto, or would the best market price re-adjust each time the bot re-arms (which I'm guessing is what you meant when you said cycle)?

How would you look to test if the bet had been matched as well after that cycle?
Would you look to just use the number of matched bets condition on the selection and keep track of how many matched bets should have been met?

Thanks again
jimibt

warren0 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:38 pm
Sorry jimibt I was lost at the cycle every 120 seconds portion.

Are you saying set the rule to trigger say 10 times, to wait 120 seconds, for example, before rearming? Would this then retain that initial best market price to add the custom number of ticks onto, or would the best market price re-adjust each time the bot re-arms (which I'm guessing is what you meant when you said cycle)?

How would you look to test if the bet had been matched as well after that cycle?
Would you look to just use the number of matched bets condition on the selection and keep track of how many matched bets should have been met?

Thanks again
Ok, the rule will add a bet to the market at 10 ticks above the CURRENT best market price at the time. No further bets will be added until that bet is matched. Once any bet is matched, the cycle will repeat until all 10 triggers have been used (or until the time range is broken on the trigger arming).

This is a very simple rule and obviously, you'd possibly want to add in cancel bets functionality for when unmatched bets are *in the system* and a goal was scored which taks the back price back down 50 ticks etc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warren0

Perfect thanks, I'll take a look and have a play around
jimibt

warren0 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Perfect thanks, I'll take a look and have a play around
btw -this is targetted at the OUxx markets... it was my assumption that you were targetting Overs in the scenario you described.
warren0

Yeah spot on
warren0

Unfortunately the download is saying it was created in an older version of BetAngel so non-compatible but I'm going off the explanation to try and knock a new one up, thanks
jimibt

warren0 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:14 pm
Unfortunately the download is saying it was created in an older version of BetAngel so non-compatible but I'm going off the explanation to try and knock a new one up, thanks
Hi Warren -I created that file with the latest version of BA (1.55 b3), you can find it here: https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta3.exe
warren0

Thanks as always jimibt

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”