Alert to a price spike

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Vovsen

Hi

I am trying to set up an alert for when a price spike has occured.

I am uncertain whether LTP is the best for this purpose, since the Back or Lay price moving x amount of ticks could just be money moving around,
not a genuine price spike.

Is it better to use LTP rather than Back/Lay Prices for this purpose or which combination is recommended as most reliable?

Example for upward spike conditions:

The LTP is greater than LTP +10 Ticks

versus

The Back Price is greater than the Lay Price + 10 ticks
(But this variation has issues on markets with gaps)

Other variations I have tested:
SpikeExample.PNG

Also, if the LTP changes once between refreshes, BA will register it if it only happens once, but Back or Lay money moving around will not be registered if I understand the mechanic correctly?

Looking through older posts and user guide for many hours but still pondering this.

I am looking for the generally best approach, excluding things like time frame, refresh rates or averaging price, to determine true price spikes.

Bot example attached

Thanks in advance

SpikeAlert.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vovsen on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
MemphisFlash

looks like you have focused on "upward" spikes. Spikes can be "downward" as well, so maybe copy your rules with a -10 for all in your file.
Vovsen

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am
looks like you have focused on "upward" spikes. Spikes can be "downward" as well, so maybe copy your rules with a -10 for all in your file.
Yea of course, this is just an example for upwards spikes.

My question is what is best to use, when it comes to choosing between LTP, back price (BP) or lay price (LP) to recognize that a spike has occured.

For upwards spikes:
LTP is 10 tick higher than LTP
vs
BP is 10 tick higher than LP
vs
BP is 10 tick higher than BP

For downwards spikes:
LTP is 10 ticks less than LTP
vs
LP is 10 ticks less than BP
vs
LP is 10 ticks less than LP

The attached screenshot and bot is for example purposes to show the different variations there are for upwards spikes.
Anbell

Vovsen wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:08 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am
Yea of course, this is just an example for upwards spikes.

My question is what is best to use, when it comes to choosing between LTP, back price (BP) or lay price (LP) to recognize that a spike has occured.

For upwards spikes:
LTP is 10 tick higher than LTP
vs
BP is 10 tick higher than LP
vs
BP is 10 tick higher than BP

For downwards spikes:
LTP is 10 ticks less than LTP
vs
LP is 10 ticks less than BP
vs
LP is 10 ticks less than LP

The attached screenshot and bot is for example purposes to show the different variations there are for upwards spikes.
I dont think there's a 'best' way. They each measure slightly different things. Of your 3 suggestions, "BP is 10 tick higher than LP" shows the strongest move. The other 2 are more subject to the variations in the spread, and other things. I often use the mid-point to track when prices are moving.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”