Automation- going IP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mcgoo

I have noticed this problem a few times over the years and it seems it is still a bugbear. Yesterday the 16:05 at Beverley went IP early by the looks (button monkey drunk again who knows) ..anyway, I had coded for it..so I thought..by having a Green All from 1 sec after IP time to 5 min IP time/20 times every 6 seconds/selection set to fav(this was an oversight but the fav was so short and from what I read of the race run the fav never looked in trouble-the 2nd fav was a long way from it the whole race and the pre off fav price was short) The log showed that the first match of the opening trade before the off was detected (I also set a SV and this was set) as sometimes matched bets aren't detected as matched. :? The closing green all was never even attempted (the only 2 conditions were market IP and matched bets on the market =1) ..the fav won of course so lay bet lost :evil: . This seems to happen whenever I have run a bot for a long time-never early on which is frustrating and ruins trust in bots..so..now I have set the selections to ANY and the matched bet on selection =1 as a condition (as opposed to market) I know people say this kind of thing happens and it comes out n the wash but if I could have greened up by eye why not automated?..have I missed something in my rules?..watch this space..

Edit: or did the market never go IP (if anyone can shed light on that please let me know-cheers)
mcgoo

Happened again last night...but....Can you say refresh rate..ffs!! :evil: .. too short after official start time ...dumbass me :x
jimibt

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:18 am
Happened again last night...but....Can you say refresh rate..ffs!! :evil: .. too short after official start time ...dumbass me :x
could you not add a rule further upstream that flags all bets as TAKESP?? (i.e. as soon as bets are placed, flag them)

for a number of reasons, I feel this is a much better approach as it means you are not exposed, should your internet go down or laptop die at the crucial moment.
mcgoo

jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am
mcgoo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:18 am
could you not add a rule further upstream that flags all bets as TAKESP?? (i.e. as soon as bets are placed, flag them)

for a number of reasons, I feel this is a much better approach as it means you are not exposed, should your internet go down or laptop die at the crucial moment.
Interesting idea-thanks. I use cloud machines(not that it is impossible for them to go down too) and I usually close only after certain conditions are met but I could put a closing bet outside of the odds and take SP..I think I solved it with the restrict refresh thing anyway but will think about this.cheers

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”