Bot placing bets at higher price

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
cyclops1000

Hi all
Got a question regarding bots placing bets at higher prices than set
I did a simple bot to activate before the kickoff so that when the in game odds reach 1.10 then a back bet will be placed at 1.05
However 2 things happened that show I didn't get it right
1) Actually placed a matched bet at 1.85
2) Placed a matched bet at 1.05
In both cases I didn't want the bets to be placed until the in game odds had been reached as per above
How do I set it up so that it works properly ?
Thanks in advance
the4droogs

It's probably best to post this in the Automation forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people there that can help. They'll also probably need more information than this too - like what exactly it is you are trying to achieve and how your rules are defined.
AlexisMartin

cyclops1000 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Hi all
I did a simple bot to activate before the kickoff so that when the in game odds reach 1.10 then a back bet will be placed at 1.05
In both cases I didn't want the bets to be placed until the in game odds had been reached as per above
Thanks in advance
Just so I understand , you want to back in in play at 1.05 when the acutal odds are 1.10?
First thing I'd say is why would you want 1.05 when you can get 1.10? Secondly Betfair will always give you a price imrpovement, next did you specify in running only? you may need additional settings such as last traded price, but all that aside I'm still puzzled by your orignal plan; if I have understood it correctly, you want to back at 1.05 in play when the odds are 1.10?
Dallas

cyclops1000 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Hi all
Thanks in advance
From the FAQ section
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11621
cyclops1000

A bit of an explanation
I've been using Bet Angel for 8 years and in that time I've had periods of 2 or 3 days where it's all going well but then it goes wrong
Tried horse racing , NFL , tennis and football (soccer)
Great piece of software and the team behind it are to be commended , congratulated and acknowledged for it
Betfair community are great as well
My confidence has taken a bit of a knock and so I'm looking at placing selections on markets that have a high probability of happening
Having played football when I was a kid up until my mid 30s I've decided to stick with that and as I'm in New Zealand a lot of games take place in what is the small hours of the morning here hence the desire for a bot that can take care of the actual placement on selections with a high probability
I think 1.05 is a percentage of about 95%
Yes I know there is nothing that is a sure thing - apart from change , death and taxes - but just want to reduce the chance of it going wrong .

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”