Horse Racing In-play

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
brooksyyid

Hi Guys and Girls,

This is probably a silly question as i think i know the answer, but what is the best way to obtain a certain price during a race.

Say a horse race goes in play and i want to Back any horse that trades at 1.7 (dont want best market price, want actual price) can this be achieved?
I know you can set prices to lay at pre-off but is there a way round backing this way?

I was hoping you could place a LAY bet at 1.69 with a 1-ticks offset (BACK bet set at 1.7), then get automation to cancel LAY bet straight after, therefore just leaving BACK bet in market?
This would be amazing if this is possible.

thanks
Derek27

brooksyyid wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:04 am
Hi Guys and Girls,

This is probably a silly question as i think i know the answer, but what is the best way to obtain a certain price during a race.

Say a horse race goes in play and i want to Back any horse that trades at 1.7 (dont want best market price, want actual price) can this be achieved?
I know you can set prices to lay at pre-off but is there a way round backing this way?

I was hoping you could place a LAY bet at 1.69 with a 1-ticks offset (BACK bet set at 1.7), then get automation to cancel LAY bet straight after, therefore just leaving BACK bet in market?

thanks
It's not technically possible to take a worse price than the best price at the time your bet hits the exchange as Betfair automatically give you the best price. Off the top of my head I can suggest a couple of possibilities.

1. Place a bet at the best price, work out how much better off you are and then throw that money away.

2. You could try going into your Betfair settings and clearing the tick box that gives you the best price, I believe this is a legal requirement that you get the price you ask for (and no lower or higher). I've no idea how it works - you might be the first person to try it!
Dallas

brooksyyid wrote:
Hi Guys and Girls,

thanks
These might help if you are using Automation
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11621

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11414
brooksyyid

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:38 am
brooksyyid wrote:
Hi Guys and Girls,

thanks
It's not technically possible to take a worse price than the best price at the time your bet hits the exchange as Betfair automatically give you the best price. Off the top of my head I can suggest a couple of possibilities.

1. Place a bet at the best price, work out how much better off you are and then throw that money away.

2. You could try going into your Betfair settings and clearing the tick box that gives you the best price, I believe this is a legal requirement that you get the price you ask for (and no lower or higher). I've no idea how it works - you might be the first person to try it!

Thanks Derek much appreciated

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”