Greening up (loss) during automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
MLW

Hi all,

I've been using automation for around 9 months now doing various tests using automation bots during horses in play. I've come across one L2B strategy that seems to work quite well - except for when it happens to be a horse that wins (or comes very close). My question is, what are your thoughts or tips when it comes to the green up part of the automation when it goes into a loss? Use a green up for when it hits a certain negative amount? Green up when it hits a certain odds, such as 1.50? Use signals too? I really do think that the green up for when it goes into a loss is as important as the strategy itself. Thanks in advance.
rik

if you do automation you should have a large sample size and variance usually not a problem
see the stop loss bet as a separate bet, if its not value dont trade out your just messing with your long term profitability
blindly trading out due to net in the market might lose you 10-20 ticks in value especially towards the end of the race as more often than not you get match if there is a general trend against you/price moving through yours
MLW

Thanks Rik, I'll keep what you said in mind about variance and yes for sample size I am aiming at between 300-500 races. Maybe that's not enough/More than enough but will use intuition.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”