Matched Bet Info

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
salmanim140i

Hi All,

I am trying a bit of Automation that looks at the matched bets in the market and displays this information.

However I have came across something pretty odd?

I have ran a rule that Does the following:

Store a value, With the traded volume at a price for a selection, The best Price of a Selection. lets say its = to £2000
I then Ran Another rule that looks at the Money Available to Back at a Price for a Selection, The Best Back Price of a Selection. Lets say this is £500

First Question would be how is this possible? How can the money that has traded at the best Back Price be more than available to match
Is this because of Cross Matching (don't fully understand this)
Or because its looking at the total traded at the Back and Lay Price
Or should the Rule be looking at the Total Volume Traded at the Back price and then Compare that to the Lay Price?
Or am I totally missing something here?

So confused by this.... How Can I get the rule right so it shows me how much of what is available has been matched? Example say 30%???

Thanks for any Help.
rik

money available at a price has nothing to do with what has been matched already it just shows you what is possible to get matched right now not what has been matched previously
the4droogs

Another way to think about it is that the money available to back at a price is the value of bets that have been offered but not yet accepted by anyone else. Where as the volume matched at a price is money where the bet has been offered, and someone else has accepted it.

Imagine a kid in the school yard who goes around trying to make a $10 bet with someone, but no one will shake his hand. That $10 is money available to back at a price. Now imagine that behind his back, two other people make the same $10 bet and shake hands on it. That is money matched. If it was on betfair, this situation would show as $10 available and $20 volume matched - because the matched bet takes into account both the back and the lay money matched.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”