New Automation Tool

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
garfield

Excelent...I really like the new automation addition to Guardian. I installed it a couple of hours ago and not being one to waste time I wrote two scripts for soccer, and tested them live with small stakes and before you know it I am red all over :-(

Anyway, sorted it and the scripts seem to run ok except for a bug and a couple of minor irritations.

First of all the bug seems to be that even though I have a set a condition of:
Number of unmatched bets condition is equal to 0
on occassion I was getting multiple bets firing. At one point I had 4 bets that had been sent off even though it was set to wait for 9 seconds before rearming
excerpt of log
18/11/2011 22:20:43: £ 5 Lay bet placed on Over 2.5 Goals at 4.6. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17189882953 ( Fill or kill bet with 20 seconds delay. Offsetting by 3 ticks with greening. )
18/11/2011 22:20:53: £ 5 Lay bet placed on Over 2.5 Goals at 4.6. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17189885407 ( Fill or kill bet with 20 seconds delay. Offsetting by 3 ticks with greening. )

This is not consistent and I do not seem to have any control in re-creating it.

So on to a couple of feature that I think would be a great addition.

I am only able to place a lay/bet relative to the market price i.e I can place a lay at a number of ticks above or below the current lay price. When I am trading however, what I really want is to be able to lay at a number of ticks above or below the current bet price. (and the reverse for betting)

The next problem I encountered is to do with the suspension due to a goal/red card in soccer. The odds are all over the place after the suspension and there is a lot of un-gentlemanly behaviour taking place :shock: What would be nice would be a condition that would be;
Do not place bet/lay within (x) seconds of market being unsuspended.

Well, that was my two pence worth. Although I may appear critical, I actually like this release very much and I think it is a huge step in the right direction. Just need to iron a few minor things out.
btk

I can't log into the Betangel Tv site to see how the new automation works and setting it up. I can't find an option to register a username ansd password for it. Can anyone advise please
Euler

You don't need to register to view the videos on Bet Angel TV, you can just view them?
mikelenard

This is football related.

I want to place a trade at exactly 30 minutes after the game has commenced. The Italian game Inter Milan v Cagliari started at exactly 17:04. Using the "Relative to Start Time" would take the time of 17:00 and not 17:04, 4 minutes out. Using the "Fixed date and time" would give me the same problem, 4 minutes out and the last option "Relative to in-play time" causes problems because if the market is suspended for any reason during the first 30 minutes then my bet will be placed 30 minutes from the suspended time and not from the beginning of the game.

Is there any way of setting up the automation so I can get my bets placed exactly 30 minutes after the event has started?

Thanks,

Mike
alanweb

i have having trouble getting the activation tool to trigger. i have set up exactly as shown in the video to start 3 minutes before start time and applied the rules. looking at the log nothing is happening.. the settings are exactly as in the video.. please help..
img2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Have you applied the automation to a market in Guardian. You need to save the rule you have created then apply it to a market for it to activate.
No Sea to Rough

Hi,

Can anyoneone direct me to the link to downlaod the Beta Version I seam to be going arround in circles looking for it.

Many thanks:-)
Euler

No Sea to Rough

Many thanks for posting the link. i'm oblidged
bilko

The New Automation Tool looks like a deal breaker and a return to Betangel is on the cards when the bugs are ironed out.

Get the impression that is an idiots guide to excel programming (or lazy) which suites me.
LeTiss

Having criteria that then highlighted a certain selection, rather than the other way around would be brilliant

I realise that's becoming too much like an excel command, but having many markets in excel slows my computer down, however the automation tool appears to be having no impact at all

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”