Feedback

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chipping

I have a question about the Greening function in Advanced Automation. At the moment I issue a "Green All" command with 30 secs to go before the horse race starts. I allow this command to fire three times with a 5 seconds delay between attempts. This is what I am finding...

If my trade is profitable the Green All works fine - but if my trade has ended up in the red then I get something unexpected. This is what I think is happening. The first GreenAll request goes in, but my selection is drifting so it doesn't get matched immediately, then 5 seconds later my second GreenAll request goes in. Unlike the main BA (I think) these GreenAll request do not cancel all unmatched bets so I end up with two GreenAll requests sitting in my unmatched bets queue - eventually they both get matched but I end up effectively laying the horse I have just traded on.

I have now amended my GreenAll trigger to only fire once and everything seems to be fine, but I thought I would air this behaviour and please correct my theory so as not to mislead others :)
mister man

i found that to be the case too, to my cost...

although the beta releases are making the tool better each time, its got a fair few teething problems.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have not seen or been able to replicate any of the problems with greening that you are seeing. If you see the problem again then please send us the rules file you are using and a copy of the log. The log will tell us what it did, the rules file what you are trying to do.

We ran a simple script from Friday to Sunday on the horse racing and it never failed once, so we need to understand how to re-create what you are seeing.
mikelenard

Absolutely marvellous the new liability stake option, and thanks for implementing that so quickly.

On another note, and it may have been mentioned already, but I have managed to replicate a problem I had already brought up here, but thought it had been my mistake.

Here is what happens:
I want to place a lay bet 30 minutes after the game has started, so I use the "Relative to in-play time" option. However, if I use the Automation tool once the game has gone in-play the 30 minutes will start from the time I entered. For example's sake, let's say I want to get involved and 15 minutes of the game has elapsed; my lay bet will then be placed 30 minutes after the 15 minutes that I turned on the Automation meaning the actual lay bet will be placed after 45 minutes of the game.

It's ok now I've figured the problem out, and means I will have to make sure I set up my Automation before the game goes in-play, but it is something to consider for other members.

Mike
chipping

I tried using a stop loss today in my automation rules, but nothing fired.

Here is an extract from my log file
08/12/2011 15:22:08: Market changed to Hunt 8th Dec - 15:30 2m NHF
08/12/2011 15:22:52: £ 2 Lay bet placed on Dorceus at 7.4. Fully matched at 7.4. Ref: 17444042607 ( Offsetting by 25 ticks. Stop at 0 ticks. Place stop at 0 ticks. )
08/12/2011 15:22:52: £ 2 Back bet placed on Dorceus at 16. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17444042708
08/12/2011 15:25:01: £ 2 Back bet placed on Well Mett at 8.8. Fully matched at 8.8. Ref: 17444075079 ( Offsetting by 25 ticks. Stop at 0 ticks. Place stop at 0 ticks. )
08/12/2011 15:25:01: £ 2 Lay bet placed on Well Mett at 4.9. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17444075162
08/12/2011 15:26:00: £ 2 Lay bet placed on Amalric at 5.6. Fully matched at 5.6. Ref: 17444092922 ( Offsetting by 25 ticks. Stop at 0 ticks. Place stop at 0 ticks. )
08/12/2011 15:26:00: £ 2 Back bet placed on Amalric at 10.5. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17444092961
08/12/2011 15:26:15: £ 2 Back bet placed on Wild Card at 9.8. Fully matched at 9.8. Ref: 17444096718 ( Offsetting by 25 ticks. Stop at 0 ticks. Place stop at 0 ticks. )
08/12/2011 15:26:15: £ 2 Lay bet placed on Wild Card at 5.4. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17444096758
08/12/2011 15:26:53: £ 2 Back bet placed on Go Set Go at 9.8. Fully matched at 9.8. Ref: 17444108785 ( Offsetting by 25 ticks. Stop at 0 ticks. Place stop at 0 ticks. )
08/12/2011 15:26:54: £ 2 Lay bet placed on Go Set Go at 5.4. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 17444108873
08/12/2011 15:27:49: Cancelling bets 17444042708 17444075162 17444092961 17444096758 17444108873
08/12/2011 15:28:59: Greened up Well Mett by Laying 2.05 at 8.6
08/12/2011 15:28:59: Greened up Dorceus by Backing 2.18 at 6.8
08/12/2011 15:28:59: Greened up Wild Card by Laying 2.28 at 8.6
08/12/2011 15:29:00: Greened up Go Set Go by Laying 1.57 at 12.5
08/12/2011 15:29:00: Greened up Amalric by Backing 1.87 at 6
08/12/2011 15:32:44: Market has been suspended
08/12/2011 15:32:45: Market is in-play

I didn't set the stop loss to fire at zero, I set it to fire at 6, placing at 10
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Please upload the rules file so we can have a look at it.
chipping

here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

chipping.
Stop at 0 ticks. Place stop at 0 ticks.
As far as I’m aware this is not a valid function.
So the stop loss wont kick in at 0 ticks.
You will need at least 1 tick on each command.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It looks like a parsing error.

You are not using fill or kill but the field is blank, we will look to trap this set up error so it can't be done accidentally as is the issue in this case. In the meantime set the blank fill or kill delay to zero to force it to correctly interpret the instruction.
vanya

Hi Bet Angel,

Just wanted to give you some feedback on the latest Automation update. First of all NICE WORK!!

Bugs I have found using Win7-64
1. Once you haver loaded races in Guardian, if you return to the main interface and use the Ctrl+N to move to the next race, you get an error asking if you want to Continue or Quit - and does not work.
2. When you are adding rules to a Rule, it works fine, but when you go to move them up and down, it has bugs and does not move them correctly, seems like they do not know where they are in the order of things and the up and down does not work.
3. If you delete a rule from a Rule, then it plays up sometimes and corrupts the Rule altogether. You basically instead of deleting one rule, it deletes another one as well visually by blanking it out. (Not sure if lastest version has this fixed - it is intermittent - or some scenario I cannot think right now what I am doing to trigger it).
4. If you delete all the Rules from the Guardian in the drop down list, it has an error when you have deleted the last one and have no rules left.

A feature that works against me at the moment, although it fixed the double placing of bets is the time since unmatched bets were in the "market". This really needs to be by "selection" so that other rules can work that are not relying on whether or not there is unmatched bets on another horse. Currently I cannot use this to preform a strategy as it sits there and waits for 1 bet to matched when I am needing it to fire other bets for other selections.

I would really like these things as additions if possible and I know some people have already asked for some of these, but another voice I hope will bring some important things to the software quicker :D

1. Able to select that once a Rule applies to a Selection due to being picked as a favourite, that the rule continue to work with that selection. I know this is a tricky one, but when scalping and asking to pick up the favourite, it will hover at times when another is close and picks up the low end of a steamer who then drifts and leaves me with a loss. I know there would be other ways logically to make this happen, but all in all a feature that says once this rule starts on a selection - it applies to only that selection in particular when choosing according to favourite. Like many have asked having the ability to specify if a another horse is X ticks above the current selection etc, this will help overcome the selection a favourite and stopping a drifter possibly, but I think would be far better for other rules that you could "lock" onto a selection? Maybe this is just not possible how the structure is, but I can only ask :)

2. Able to specify that the rule only applies according to "Market Volume". That way I can let rules run on all races instead of manually selecting them according to volume that is existing already.

3. Able to specify that the rule only applies according to "Selection Volume" as an amount and also a % of the total market volume.

4. Able to specify the volume spent range that bets have been placed in. I use this feature on the ladder and so I am trying to see how a rule can be used to make this work. For example if the market price has less/equal/greater than a $ or % or AVG or (close to max point) of the total volume spent on that horse. Even better would be for it to say that it is in range of where the most amount of money has been placed - how close to the Mean/Average odds amount? I am just putting things out there to see if it can be done but maybe differntly to what I am thinking but performing the same end result.

5. I cannot specify to choose the Donkey (least favourite). What I was thinking was say
-1 means donkey
-2 means second fav donkey
and so forth
this is the reverse basically of what you have now saying 1 is the favourite. I tried using a large value like 99, but it is definitely not dealing with any number except a value according to the total selections and this varies, so I am stuck not being able to implement a strategy due to this at the moment.

6. Something that would be awesome is that you could trigger a Rule from Excel :)
So that you could then have several rules able to be applied to the same market by Excel using its logic and then triggering a rule accordingly :)

Your Automation interface is REALLLLLLLY GOOD and only needs a few things to be a fully automated bot on steroids! This is coming from a newbie, so I hope I have got things right in my explanations and not asking for anything weird and obscure.

Many thanks in advance for your help on these things if they can be put in :)

Have a great day and good luck with your trading today!!

Cheers,
Vanya

PS. Many thanks to everyone who has put this software together, I am very grateful as it has really relaly impressed me. This is coming from a website programmer who can see the complexity of the software and the time it would take to make it work, testing, testing and more testing - only to find people doing things you do not think of and find things you never do and asking for things you only wish would be easy to put in quickly and easily. :)
Carlosc

Congratulations for this tool Bet Angel Team and for the fast updates to versions 30.1 & 30.2.

Somme ideas:

1. Please don't forget include for the nex update the conditional stakes by "net stake" value. This allow rules like:

Code: Select all

if net stake is >= x else place stake x
or

Code: Select all

back at net stake + x
For the next update you can include a new menu option in the drop-down (30.2 v) allow select the stake % depending on the current "net stake".

2. A feature that allow follow a "relative" or "fixed" favourites. (problem that has already explained by vanya)

Relative: the first favourite at first matched bet is the 3rd favourite after 5 minutes and I also want bet to this again.

Fixed: the first favourite at first matched bet is the 3rd favourite after 5 minutes and I also want bet to the current first favourite.

Thanks!
jacky2

Could you add a new function like export profit and loss into Excel in automation,export log info into Excel?you know,this way may be the best way to konw whether your order has matched and how much matched how much hasn't.
malky

I have just installed and had a look at 1.30.3 - excellent.

XMAS has come early - thanks it looks excellent. :D
Can't wait to test. :mrgreen:
chipping

I am having a problem with the rules editor - today, for the first time, I can't seem to be able to set any conditions for any new rules I create? It has been working fine so far, just a funny day today - maybe the weather?
icarus121

Hi Chip

Maybe weather as i have been using this morning and is ok for me,the weather is ok in scotland however.Quick question ,im setting up pre off horse scalping,whats the best way of cancelling a unmatched bet and moving it to front of cue?

Thanks

john

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”