geenup with conditions

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
to75ne

trying some automation rules out on american horses in practive mode.

green all selection with condition green all profit greater than £2.
from 10 minutes out till off time.

even though i have a green up profit of £2 plus, fails to green up, i have to green up manually.
if change the condition to equal zero , (any green), still fails.

if i change the condition to close trade on selection greater than £2, likewise fails.

am i applying this correctly? or is this due to being in practice mode (not used to practice mode).

also can you use minus total ie, red up, (red) for example if loss minus £2 red up greater than £2
vanya

Hi to75ne,

I have this working for me in practice and live mode.

It will be something to do with the triggers.

I have a rule for the following.

Green up if larger than $2.
For this to work, you need to set a trigger on your scalping (back/lay) that says, do not place any more bets if Green Up profit larger than $2.
This happens anytime down to jump, so as soon as I am in $2 profit it squares up and leaves the race, no matter how early or late.

I also successfully have set up the
Green up if less than $-2
Yes, you can put in the negative amounts and works a real treat!! Saves your bank and can work as a stop loss for you so if you leave it running you know that, you will only ever have a $2 loss.

One thing to be careful of though is that some races jump before the time it says and so if you have not greened up, it can get messy, so you need to have another rule that says,
Green up (if in play)

So with the three rules above, I green up at $2, -$2 or in play if I have not already. Thsi has so far owrked really well in all my tests live and practice.

I have found that going live is MUCH BETTER results!! It is true that your money is shaping the market and in practice mode, I would not count on all the results being true.

Just try a small stake of $5 or $10 and let the live system show you what is real, it will definitely be different from everything i have seen. I had small losses a lot in practice mode, but as soon as went to live, it was profits! Something to be aware of.

Since learning this, I know to use practice mode to get the rule working 100% perfectly, then go live in some races that have liquidity and off she goes :)

Good luck with your trading today and hope the above helps you.

Cheers,
Vanya
malky

do not place any more bets if Green Up profit larger than $2.
How did you do this ? I'd love to know how to set that condition but
hang on a minute if you put in the condition of your scalping something like
"Green All Profit < 0.02" then that would work ??
to75ne

vanya, i have given up trying these rules in practice mode they nearly always fail.

in live mode i can not get any green up command to fire on anything less than +£2.

anything lower from £2 to zero pounds, any bets waiting to be matched get cancelled and no green up

any minus amount nothing happens at all.

why i do not know.

vanya quick edit. got these triggers wkg ok now, they all fire spot on. i think i was leaving a space between the minus sign and the number. reckon that is why they were failing. i really must remember to wear my reading glasses!!!!!idiot.

would you not be better converting to sp. if there is a chance of going in play. if you accidentally go inplay you could get an horrendous red up, if horse jumps off late, refuses etc, or no match at all, or a partial fill. at least at sp you will get a match.

thanks for your reply, made me look at things again this time wearing my glasses
vanya

Hi to75ne,

I have attached a Rule file what I use and works fine for me. The take SP, I have not looked into enough yet and rememeber listening in one of the videos Peter explains or veers towards greening up than take sp as it could go against you there as well. I really need to look closely and check to see if it suits my strategy. I know not all races have SP as well - not sure about UK - but AU I know not all are SP possible.

I have a habit of watching everything and I let mine run to 10 seconds and if you want to really make it fail safe, then adjust that the Green up happens at 45 or 30 seconds just to be safe. It means you miss out on this time though where it can be quite active but can swing on you if you do not pick the right horse/s to scalp.

I have learnt to use the Rules as a way of making me stick to the Trader Rules (? i made that up!?) as I have caught a bad habit of going into play and waiting and getting good money, but have had every cent of profit I have made taken the exact same way and truly beat myself up over it as I cannot make money if I let that happen and have had to step back and talk myself I have learnt that I need to be a trader and not a gambler and so the rules are my way of making sure I do it properly! For this I am grateful!!

Hope the attached file helps you see what I did as a sure way of me being taken care of no matter what and greening up and with the ability to easily adjust the times to suit. I removed the scalping rules and it is just the greening rules.

Let me know if it helps or not or by the looks you have got it figured out already and all is well!

Good luck with trading today!!

Cheers,
Vanya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”