Force open

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chipping

Just trying to get to grips with the new automation tool.
To begin with I am trying to place a lay bet at the current back price. Can I do this by choosing "best market price" together with force open?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Use the parameters to 'Place at - custom ticks below/above' the current back price. The global settings don't apply to bets in automation you create each condition yourself.
chipping

Bet Angel wrote:Use the parameters to 'Place at - custom ticks below/above' the current back price. The global settings don't apply to bets in automation you create each condition yourself.
That's what I am experimenting with at the moment - the risk comes when there is a gap, and I lay at much too high price. I was looking for a reliable way around this situation.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Can you give us an example?
chipping

Please tell me if I have got this wrong.

Imagine I want to scalp a horse, but when I place the trade a gap appears in the prices. So the back price may be 10, but the lay price as high as 15.
The automation rule is place bet at best market price less 2 ticks - so my lay goes in at 2 ticks below 15, which is too risky. I want the lay to go in at 9.8
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It's not possible to write an automation rule based on a reverse price (i.e. lay at back price less x ticks) at the moment, but we've had a couple of requests for this so we'll try to add it to a future release.

For now you can achieve what you want by using the Excel integration.
1sbro

You can do that with the make market button can't you?
Anyway we can edit at what odds the make market odds go in at, like best price plus one, and can we get it added to the automation parameters?

And when you choose back / lay all, why can we o ly set it to back at set odds and not best market price or custom ticks etc.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”