HORSE BETTING AUTOMATION

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
aaget

Hi there! I am still a unexperienced user of all the possibilities in Bet Angel Professional, but learning something every day.
After the Automatic trading tool came, I saw a lot of potensial in the system.
Is there anybody who can give me an idea to set up this conditions for the horse races:

•The race is in play
When the odds for one horse is lower than 1.50, then I want a trigger to LAY another horse with odds greater than 15.
TheTub

It's fairly straight forward.

What have you tried?

Have you seen the videos?

http://www.betangel.tv/video/using-bet-angel/automation
1sbro

I don't think its as simple as you think Tub, well maybe simple, but it needs a ton of rules, and the more runners in a race the more rules the file is going to need to cover the field.

Like for a 5 runner race, one rule file will say lay between 15 and 25, but only if runner 1 is lower than 1.5, you'd need to create that file 4 time so it would fire dependant on which horse hits 1.5, then you'd have to do that for each and every horse..

But even then, other than relative odds, there isn't a condition for when another horse is lower than 1.5..
aaget

Thanks a lot for your reply. I agree with 1sbro, it is not fairly stright forward as i can see it. tried a lot of different ways, complicated to explain all, but nothing seems to work out properly.
Like other software they offer a more easy to use rule settings like the; ”if” ”and” ”then” ”if not” and so on. Then it makes it very easy to build certain strategies in one and same rule. Of course there are many benefits into BetAngel, but it looks like other competitors also have good solutions to make it easy for customers to building triggers.

Maybe an idea for the BetAngel team to build a database with downloadable automation triggers for customers? Also uploadable from others to share with the customers?
Is there anybody who take the challenge to make the trigger mentioned above for Horse automated betting?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

There are lots of things we can do with the automation but we didn't want to confuse people with logic commands such as IF, THEN, ELSE, NOT etc or make it too hard. You can issue those commands in Excel quite easily so we wanted the automation to not replicate Excel, else you may just as well do it in Excel.

You can already export and import files into the software. It may be useful to have a library of basic settings for people to play with. So we will look at that.

With regard to relative odds etc, we will build a condition that allows you to do this quickly and easily from within the automation. Give us a little time to implement and test it and it will be in the next build.
aaget

Thanks a lot for your reply! I agree that almost everything can be done in Excel, but i guess many suffer or miss the knowledge to build it there. But it maybe an idea to offer people an opportunity to build a database with different Excel automation triggers.
Thanks for your reply and looking forward to a new build and a good horse betting trigger. I am still a faithful BetAngel user!!
1sbro

Yea the relative odds would be good, and I think having AND/OR in there could be good, would save writing lots of different rules.

ie, in this case, have if horse 1 OR horse 2 OR horse 3 etc hits 1.5 etc..

As for the problem I was having with conflicting rules, only logical way for me to get it working was by running each rule on seperate copies of BA, which worked amazingly well on practice mode, but once ya hit live mode, they conflict.. I realised that the two copies in practice mode work independantly, where as in live they working on the same market, and clashing..

Its if WOM is greater than 60% then back it, if WOM then drops below 50% trade out, and on the other side WOM less than 40% lay it, again trade out if it goes back past 50%.

With the two rules in the market, as soon as it backs or lays it, it gets traded out instantly because of going past 50%..

I've still not worked out a logical way to get these two to work without clashing, not without running two seperate betfair accountsa and two bots.
malky

Yeah I like your idea if you look at my post in feedback

where I wrote
Relative Odds Rule - but not as we know it

Is it possible to back the favourite if it's odds are X number of ticks less than the 2nd fav ?

For example back favourite if 20 ticks less than the next closest runner.
This is essentially the same idea you have.
BetAngel tell me they will implement this - BUT more voices in the choir will move it up the list.

PM me if you wish to discuss adding more weight to this topic.

Cheers
uffelbob

I agree and have just brought this up in my new post today. Market Feeder Pro, whilst inferior to BA in many ways, does have all the options for building triggers and rules. It is complicated and in that I agree with BA but to be able to do it from within the software rather than in Excel would be a huge plus. Let's face it, you only use it if you want it.....
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

This rule was implemented, as requested, in the latest version of Bet Angel.
uffelbob

Ah....maybe I need a new release. thanks
placebetter

hi all, new to bet angel pro, so please forgive my stupid question.

i dutch bet my own selections, very successfullly.
but i have so many races.( in australia) i cant keep up with them.
i would love to use automation in dutching mode.
my understanding ( probably wrong) is i should be able to enter my own selections, into numerous races, select automation, in dutching. and the bets will automatically be placed. i have looked everywhere in the software, and cannot find a setting for time to place bets before race.
is this a preset thing. allready done, or am i way off track.
as i said new to betangel pro, but ok with other bots. any help would be appreciated,
thankyou in anticipation.
cheers.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”