New Beta 1.30.2

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

You can download this from the following link: -

http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_30_2.msi

New staking options - Fixed amount or By liability. Both options are also available based on a percentage of account balance.

New condition - 'Unmatched Bet Time' allows you to prevent a new bet entering the market if an unmatched bet has been present during the last x seconds.
Alpha322

Bet Angel wrote:You can download this from the following link: -

http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads ... _beta1.msi

New staking options - Fixed amount or By liability. Both options are also available based on a percentage of account balance.

New condition - 'Unmatched Bet Time' allows you to prevent a new bet entering the market if an unmatched bet has been present during the last x seconds.
Now this sounds interesting
malky

Love the new condition
but perhaps I don't fully understand it

I added the condition "Time since unmatched bet > 2 seconds" yet I occasionally do get 2 in the market on the same selection. I originally set it at 1 second but that also caused the issue.
I also have the condition "unmatched bets = 0" set.

Specifically I have
a Back bet that fires with a 2 second fill or kill
it has an offset - the rule is rearmed every 3 seconds

What I see is the back being matched the lay goes in and every once in a while a second lay appears which is a result of a back firing that I don't see (due to the instant match of the back)
At this point I have 2 lays in the market both waiting to be matched

If another horse wins and my lay bets are not matched I end up double my bet in the red :(

My impression was this new condition "Time since unmatched bet > 2 seconds" would apply to any bet in the market whether they were offset bets or not.

How can I avoid having 2 of these bets in the market ?
Euler

I'll create a simple rule and put it up this afternoon so people can play with it. I suggest you extend your fill or kill time as that's inside the other rules times you are executing that doesn't make any sense.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

malky,

Are you running the rules pre-off or inplay?

Are you switching the Bet Angel trading screen to the market or is Guardian cycling a few markets and refreshing the prices/bets for you?

What refresh rate are you using?
malky

Bet Angel,
Trading in-play.
I am on 500ms refresh on both Guardian and Professional on the One-Click screen. Guardian is on restrict refresh restrict set at 60 and 1000.
Guardian switches to the market 60sec before the off.
My thinking is that with 10 mins between races guardian is only servicing a couple of races so I would have thought rules would be being run at least every 2 secs. Besides the one-click screen is on 500ms and is therefore dedicated to each race for 9 mins whilst inplay. So logically I would have thought the rules would execute every 500ms. Would that be correct ?

Euler,
I'm sure you are right that needs changing I have played with that value but I think it's not relevant. To clarify the problem arises when I have an offset lay for some time say 30secs unmatched then another back is being fired getting matched then of course the offset lay bet is placed and persists leaving me with 2 of them waiting to be matched. Those two lay bets are there simply because the are off the current price. So the question is how can the back be placed under the conditions when there is another lay unmatched that has been there for say 10 seconds or so ? My understanding was the conditions would avoid that.

NB: this is very different from having 2 bets fired at the same time - I am not seeing that at all with 1.30.2

The sequence of transactions is
1 Back bet
2 if filled then lay bet is fired
3 whilst lay bet is still in the market waiting to be matched a second back bet is fired
4 if filled then lay is fired
5 I get confused when I stare at 2 lay bets from 2 & 4
Euler

Didn't realise it was inplay. I haven't tested or tried to replicate this but it may be that the inplay bet delay is causing the issue. You may want to pad out each instruction as you need to account for the inplay delay. If an offset bet goes into the market it could arrive right in the window of checking for an unmatched bet and trigger a new bet while the offset is arriving in the market.
Tuco

Hi Guys ~ I've downloaded the 1.30.2 beta version today, but cannot see the updates anywhere?
(Help-->About-->Version 1.30.2)

1) New staking options - Fixed amount or By liability. Both options are also available based on a percentage of account balance.

2) New condition - 'Unmatched Bet Time' allows you to prevent a new bet entering the market if an unmatched bet has been present during the last x seconds.

Please could someone advise whereabouts these updates are located? Thank you in advance :)
Euler

You need to create a rule on a market and you will find these under the conditions section.
malky

Euler wrote:Didn't realise it was inplay. I haven't tested or tried to replicate this but it may be that the inplay bet delay is causing the issue. You may want to pad out each instruction as you need to account for the inplay delay. If an offset bet goes into the market it could arrive right in the window of checking for an unmatched bet and trigger a new bet while the offset is arriving in the market.
Thanks for the reply.
I don't think it is that delay as the lay bet is there for at least a few seconds when this happens. I'm at least 90% certain of that.

Having said that I had not even considered the inplay delay. Indeed I have no clue what it is on horses. I know it is far greater on soccer.
I'm certainly learning.
So the question is :
Do you know or how can I find out the inplay delay on horse races ?
I love the automation tool as it allows you to easily express logic including the timing of tasks. Frankly I got myself in a right tangle attempting this in Excel with no practice mode (some time ago).
BUT what I'm not very clear on are all the timing issues such as this that need to be thought out when writing rules. I'm sure your suggestion of increasing the fill or kill may make sense but right now I can't get my head around that one. :(
Could a timing guide be put together ?
Could example timelines with events be helpful - I am a visual person and that's what I would need to do to get it into my skull.
Tuco

Thanks Euler ~ those new features are in Guardian and appear to be additional rules/parameters for automation, which is something for me to look into and get to grips with over the festive period :geek:

It would be very useful if the Auto-stake box at the top of the standard global settings could have seperate liability amount boxes for backs and lays, linked to the Auto Update tick-box :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”