giving up

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chipping

on the forum that is :roll: I am loving the Automation tools and will continue to use them, but there seems to me too little goodwill here. Certainly I have received very little if any good advice, so checking in here has become a bit of a time waster for me.
ggartside2

i agree,the new tools are ace,but the lack of feedback on the forum is rubbish.
mugsgame

Hi guys.
Here's where I stand. I am a long term full time user. I know about 50% of what this amazing software can do. If there was something I didn't know and wanted to, I would;
1) read the manual,
2) email Peter or support and ask them. I am 100% confident I would get a comprehensive and prompt reply.
3) I would ask the question on the forum and know someone would help with my question.

If you are seeking a answer to a technical question, that's what I would do. If you want others, who have spend (in some cases years) working out how to make consistant money, to spoon feed you and give away their angle for nothing, I suggest you may be wasting your time.

This is one of the reasons I have been called for a "closed" forum. I am certainly not going to be giving away my hard work people who buy the software (sometimes on the free trial). Then when they don't "win every time' then "give up" and then bleat about it.

Why don't you ask a specific question and see what happens. The forum is full of goodwill. Don't confuse the forum with the commercial side of Bet Angel. Yes, the BA team use the forum. But it's mostly the users. You need to realign your expectations.
LeTiss

I'm with mugsgame here. I've actually turned off my private messages, where I got totally fed up with requests for the secret of being a self-employed trader.

BA support are very helpful with technical queries. The software is brilliant, but there comes a point where trial and error, patience and hard work are needed to succeed. My earnings have gone down with XM and PC, so I'm not going to give away what edge I have remaining for nowt
Alpha322

mugsgame wrote:Hi guys.
Here's where I stand. I am a long term full time user. I know about 50% of what this amazing software can do. If there was something I didn't know and wanted to, I would;
1) read the manual,
2) email Peter or support and ask them. I am 100% confident I would get a comprehensive and prompt reply.
3) I would ask the question on the forum and know someone would help with my question.

If you are seeking a answer to a technical question, that's what I would do. If you want others, who have spend (in some cases years) working out how to make consistant money, to spoon feed you and give away their angle for nothing, I suggest you may be wasting your time.

This is one of the reasons I have been called for a "closed" forum. I am certainly not going to be giving away my hard work people who buy the software (sometimes on the free trial). Then when they don't "win every time' then "give up" and then bleat about it.

Why don't you ask a specific question and see what happens. The forum is full of goodwill. Don't confuse the forum with the commercial side of Bet Angel. Yes, the BA team use the forum. But it's mostly the users. You need to realign your expectations.
Top Post MG Hard work boy was it and money spent too
Zenyatta

If you want to give up trading, here's whats in store for you... (hat tip to jeff):

RONALD MACDONALD CHARACTER

Vacancy from Jobcentre Plus
Job No:

WOR/26565
SOC Code:

Wage

MEETS NAT MIN WAGE, £14 PER BOOKING
Hours

SATURDAY-SUNDAY
WORSLEY, MANCHESTER, LANCS M28
Duration

Permanent
Date posted

14 December 2011
Pension details

No details held
Description

This is a self employed vacancy. You will dress as a fast food character, attend childrens parties and fast food restaurants. You must be good with children and you will be handing out flyers. Between £100 to £200 per weekend. Immediate start available. The company has given an assurance that this vacancy enables workers to achieve a wage equivalent to the. National Minimum Wage rate.
JollyGreen

I have to agree with the guys who talk about giving away their edge. They, like me, will have invested a lot of time and money into their trading so understandably will be unwilling to give away their methods.

I have always tried to help people on here but automation is not my bag. I know a few people who make their profits using automation and they have asked for help on manual trading. I try to help them but I would never ask or expect them to divulge their methods. The market is very good at closing down errors and once you give away your edge, it is gone forever, you will not get it back.

I am sure you will get answers to technical questions but nobody will give you money making methods that would kill their income.
mugsgame

JollyGreen wrote:I am sure you will get answers to technical questions but nobody will give you money making methods that would kill their income.
The thing that really gets my back up is some people actually EXPECT this!
Iron

I came across this nice piece of advice in Peter's blog:

Recognising your flaws and errors and attempting to strike them out is a critically important part of trading successfully. Failure to do so will inevitably lead you down a path of frustration and failure and it’s a path that’s followed by a surprising number of people, but it’s completely avoidable.

People who are struggling need to ask themselves a tough question: Are they struggling because of the market, or because of the way they approach trading?

Jeff
mugsgame

There is something fundamental that I think all new traders need to recognise.

Bet Angel is a software tool NOT a strategy.

It's a complex tool, and one that needs respect. There is plenty of help with getting the tool to do what you want.

If anyone wants me to give them my angle the charge is £200,000.
And that is with a 60% discount :D
PeterLe

Totally Agree with the others comments..I've just spent the best part of all my free time rewriting my auto stuff this Christmas Holidays..god knows how many hours (You get out of it what you put in - simple)

Its a bit like developing AntiBiotics; systems/edges (whatever you call it) they work for a while then seem to lose their effectiveness..and cycle continues.

There are some cracking threads on here for beginners (I wish this forum was around when I started).

regards
Peter

PS Zenyatta - That Job is less than a couple of miles from where I am! Hope its not a sign of things to come!! :shock:
Morph

I am delighted that this topic has popped up because it reminded me of something I have intended to do.

That is to sincerely thank the likes of Le Tiss, PeterLe, Jolly Green, Ferru123 and especially Mugsgame who, to my knowledge have no connection with BA yet continuously share their considerable wisdom on this forum, for which I for one am extremely grateful.

A very happy and successful new year to you all.
Iron

Morph wrote: That is to sincerely thank the likes of Le Tiss, PeterLe, Jolly Green, Ferru123 and especially Mugsgame who, to my knowledge have no connection with BA yet continuously share their considerable wisdom on this forum, for which I for one am extremely grateful.
You're welcome Morph (although you flatter me by putting my name alongside those of the guys you've listed, all of whom are, unlike me, highly accomplished traders!). :)

Jeff
mugsgame

Morph,

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated and somewhat unexpected :oops:

Happy New Year to all
mister man

agree with the guys nobody will give away their edge, nor should they, but i also agree with chipping and ggartside, both of whom have been members over 2 years, debate as per the forumites queing up here to say the same thing on this thread, all agreeing with themselves in their own club, is a touch dead in this cliquey environment...
say anything remotely disagreeing with the great n good major posters here and the wrath of all is upon you as i know only too well...

good luck

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”